Established under the Government of India guidelines, the Ordinance Factory Board, is an organization of repute offering various services for the armed forces of the nation through armament supply as well as other ordnance supply. This Board has its factories spread across the nation and each factory has some special armaments associated with its production units and establishments.
With the recent announcement from the Ordnance Factory Khamaria, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh is inviting competent candidates for specific trades for Apprentice Training as Graduate/ Technician/ Technician (Vocational) Apprentices as per Indian Trade Apprenticeship Act. The candidates, who are fulfilling the requisite qualifications & trade experience may apply through prescribed format of application as available at Ordnance Factory- Khamaria’s website at www.ordkham.gov.in
The details of the recruitment procedure along with essential qualifying norms and application procedure are detailed as under:
- Last Date of receipt of completed application: 20 days from the date of publication of this Advertisement (Tentatively till 13-Jun-2014)
Details of the vacancies:
Name of the Post: TRAINEE APPRENTICE
Details of positions: Total 34 Posts (UR-17, SC-05, ST-07, OBC-05)
- Chemical Engineering: 10 Posts (UR-05, SC-02, ST-02, OBC-01)
- Electrical Engineering: 01 Post (UR)
- Mechanical Engineering: 04 Posts (UR-01, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Metallurgy: 01 Post (UR)
Technician Apprentice (Diploma Holders)
- Civil Engineering: 01 Post (UR)
- Electrical Engineering: 03 Posts (UR-02, ST-01)
- Mechanical Engineering: 10 Posts (UR-04, SC-02, ST-02, OBC-02)
- Medical Lab. Technician: 01 Post (UR)
- Office Secretary/ Stenography: 01 Post (ST)
- Purchasing/ Storekeeping: 02 Posts (UR-01, OBC-01)
- Age requirement: The candidate must be minimum of 18 years as on the last date of application. However, there is no upper age limit for these apprenticeship training.
- Graduate Apprentice: A Graduate Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent in concerned branch of Engineering
- Technician Apprentice: A Diploma in Engineering or Technology or equivalent in concerned branch of Engineering
- Technician-Vocational Apprentice: A certificate holder of at least 2 years of education after completion of Secondary (10th) education. The certificate must be recognized by the AICTE. This should be added with Technician/ Vocational course in respective disciplines.
Duration of Apprenticeship:
- For all candidates the maximum period of apprenticeship will be for a duration of 1 year only. No further extension will be allowed under any circumstances.
- Graduate Apprentice: Rs.3560 per month
- Technician Apprentice: Rs.2530 per month
- Technician-Vocational Apprentice: Rs.1970 per month
No other allowances will be paid for Apprentice during the entire period of training
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done on the basis of Merit through the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- There will be Oral Test (Viva-Voice/interview) and Medical Test before final selection.
Application Fees (for All Posts):
- There will be no fee for any candidates
How To Apply:
a) Candidates must apply through the prescribed format of application available at the website of Ordnance Factory, Khamaria, Jabalpur at www.ordkham.gov.in
b) The application form completed in all respect and self-signed must be sent to The Senior General Manager, Ordnance Factory, Khamaria, Jabalpur (M.P.) – 482005 in a closed envelop super-scribed with ‘Application for Graduate/ Technician/ Technician (Voc.) Apprenticeship Training in O.F. Khamaria’ where the candidate intend to apply along with the attested copy of the following documents –
i) Educational qualification and mark sheet
ii) SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificates.
iii) Document of Age proof
iv) Other necessary documents as required
c) No changes in the Application Form is allowed and hence candidates should practice acute caution while submitting their online application
d) Address to send detailed application:
The Senior General Manager
Ordnance Factory, Khamaria
Jabalpur (M.P.) – 482005