Home » Free Job Alert - FreeJobAlert » Ordnance Factory Ambarnath Recruitment

Ordnance Factory Ambarnath Recruitment

One of the 41 groups of Ordnance Factories, Ordnance Factory at Ambarnath, Maharashtra is a defense and safety equipment manufacturer company. Nearby cities are Ulhasnagar, Mumbai, Badlapur and Kalyan. Indian Ordnance Factories are governed by Ordnance Factory Board headquartered in Kolkata. The industrial factory is set up under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. The multi disciplinary company is engaged in production of arms and ammunition, and equipments for civilian and Armed forces as well.

The factory was started in 1943 by the British Government during the Second World War to fulfill their war requirements. Since then the company has diversified its functions and ventured into producing cartridges, artillery and other arms for sale in civil market. The multi faceted factory was
awarded for the Best Non-Ferrous Factory in 2005 in the category of Secondary Processing/   Fabrication of Non-Ferrous products. The prestigious award was given by India Institute of Metals at IIT, Powai, Mumbai.

Ordnance Factory Ambarnath Jobs

Recruitment in Indian Ordnance Factories Services (IOFS) is done through direct recruitment and promotions. While direct recruitment accounts for 60 % appointments and remaining 40 % is done by promotions.

For recruitment in Group A cadre, the candidates have to pass rigorous and competitive examinations of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Engineers and technologists are selected through Engineering Services Examination (ESE) and non technical posts are appointed through Civil Services Examination (CSE).

The factory announces Group B and C posts for semi skilled workers as and when they arise in all the national dailies. One can also find recruitment notification on the official website www.ofbindia.gov.in.

The process of application is generally online or as specified in the advertisement. One has to apply for the jobs in the prescribed format only. The company invites applications from suitable candidates for semi skilled positions such as tradesmen, foremen, tailor, welder, carpenter, electrician, painter, grinder, machinist, miller, examiner, etc on a regular basis. Besides grade pay the employees are entitled for allowance and perks admissible by Central Government rules. There are provisions for age relaxations for candidates belonging to reserved category.

There are ITI and Non ITI Apprentice posts in Indian Ordnance factory. For ITI posts the candidates should have passed Trade test from any institute recognized by NCVT or SCVT or any other equivalent authorities. Non ITI applicants must be high school pass as the minimum educational qualification.

Employees working in the Ordnance Factory Ambarnath are entitled for welfare schemes, recreational facilities and other beneficiary schemes as decided by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).

All in all, OFA provides financially secure and satisfying jobs for all.

We shall be updating you guys on every bit of information Ref., Ordnance Factory Ambarnath upcoming Recruitment/ Jobs/ Vacancies.

The post appeared first on Employment News India Portal For Latest Sarkari Naukri Vacancy Notification - Post Author:

Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units and Companies. Explore your career opportunity with us.

About Priyanka Singh

"By Priyanka Singh" - You can find Author Priyanka Singh on . Our Employment News or Free Job Alert will help in getting all those vital information that can help you to select your best career option with just an email subscription. Subscribe to our Daily Employment News or Free Job Alert right now to get daily job updates in your mail box.

Check Also

CRPF Central Zone Recruitment 2016: 1247 Constable (Technical/ Tradesmen) Vacancies

CRPF Constable (Technical and Tradesmen) Recruitment 2016-17 For the States of West Bengal, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, ...

IGCAR Recruitment 2016: 219 Technician, Stipendiary Trainee Vacancies

Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), under Department of Atomic Energy, invites online applications ...

CRPF Jammu Sector Recruitment 2016: 560 Constable (Technical/ Tradesmen) Vacancies

CRPF Constable (Technical and Tradesmen) Recruitment 2016-17 For the States of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh ...

Leave a Reply