Ordinance Factory Board (OFB), is an organization established under the aegis of Government of India. The OFB is delivering its service for manufacturing of ordnance and allied equipments for the armed forces of the nation along with safekeeping and storing of the ammunitions. Various depots and the factories under the OFB is playing a vital role in supplying the armed forces with the arms and ammunitions along with clothing and combat equipments.
With the recent announcement from the Ordnance Factory Depot, Shakurbasti, Delhi, applications are being invited from competent candidates for various disciplines of Class-IV Semi-Skilled Workers posts. This selection will done Directly from the open market candidates.
- Starting Date of submission of Application: From the Monday following the date of publication of this Advertisement in Employment News
- Last Date of receipt of Hard Copy of Application at Ordnance Factory Depot: 21 Days from the date of publication of this Advertisement
- Date of reckoning age, and education: On the last date of submission of application.
Details of the vacancies: Total 80 Posts
- Mazdoor: 70 Positions (UR-35, OBC-35 & PWD-02, Ex-SM-08)
- Cook: 02 Positions (UR)
- Messenger: 04 Positions (UR-03, OBC-01)
- Safaiwala: 02 Positions (UR)
- Barber: 01 Position (UR)
- Washerman: 01 position (UR)
Remuneration Provisions, Pay Scale:
- Cook: The candidates selected for these semi-skilled posts will receive a remuneration in the scale of PB-I at the rate of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1900.
- For all other posts: Cook: The candidates selected for these semi-skilled posts will receive a remuneration in the scale of PB-I at the rate of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800.
- Other allowances and perks will be paid as per rules to these candidates.
- The candidate must not have crossed maximum 25 years and should be above 18 years as on the last date for submission of application.
- However there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Serviceman, Sportspersons & PWD candidates
- Mazdoor: The candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent with knowledge of Hindi. Must be physically fit to do strenuous works.
- Cook: The candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent with knowledge of Indian Cooking and proficiency in the trade.
- Messenger: The candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent. The candidates are expected to have undergone refreshers course in Home Guard or Civil Defence.
- Safaiwala: The candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent
- Barber: The candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent and should have proficiency in Barber trade with at least 1 year of experience.
- Washerman: The candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent and should have proficiency in Washerman trade. Should be able to wash military and civilian clothes thoroughly. Must have at least 1 year of experience.
- The selection will be done strictly on Merit basis through a competitive Written Examination, Trade Test and an Interview for these positions.
- Physical examination and Physical Fitness Test will be applicable only for the Mazdoor posts.
- The dates for Written Examination will be declared on the official website at http://ofb.gov.in
How To Apply:
a) All applications has to be processed through the prescribed format of application as available on the website of Ordinance Factory Board, or at the website of DAVP at www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10202_231_1314b.pdf
b) The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement at the above portal before applying online
c) Candidates must keep put their signature and paste recent photograph while filling the application form
d) The original application form must be sent to the address mentioned below, in a closed envelop so as to reach by the desired date.
e) All application should contain a self-addressed envelope with Rs.25 postage stamp on it.
f) The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ……………. AND CATEGORY……………. (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EX-SM)”
g) The application should be sent to the following address:
Ordnance Factory Depot – Shakurbasti
Delhi – Pin: 110056