Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released a corrigendum notification to its earlier advertisement No.08 of 2012-13 with revised vacancies for recruitment of 811 Posts of Assistant Section Officers (11 in Governor’s Secretariat and 800 in State Secretariat) with its present notification.
Candidates who have already applied against the advertisement No.08 of 2012-13 need not apply again for these posts. Fresh candidates who fulfill all requirement criteria for the selection of Assistant Section Officers are required to fill competent applications as per the details mentioned below:
- Starting date of receipt of application form through online mode: 01-Sep-2014
- Last date of receipt of application form through online mode: 27-Sep-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for payment of Application Fees at SBI: 30-Sep-2014 till working hours
Name of the Posts & Number of vacancies:
- Assistant Section Officer (in Governor’s Secretariat): 11 Posts [Out of which Women-04 posts and UR-06 (02-W), SEBC-01 (00-W), SC-02 (01-W) & ST-02 (01-W) – Reservation for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons will be applicable as per norms]
- Assistant Section Officer (in State Secretariat): 800 Posts [Out of which Women-266 posts and UR-400 (133-W), SEBC-90 (30-W), SC-130 (43-W) & ST-180 (60-W) – Reservation for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons will be applicable as per norms]
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 along with other allowances.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2012. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be submitted in terms of matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: A candidate must have obtained Bachelors Degree in any discipline and must have knowledge of computer operations.
- Language Proficiency: The candidates should be fluent in Odia language and should have passed minimum 7th Standard with Odia Medium or equivalent.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 300/- through a Fee Payment challan at any Branch of the State Bank of India within the last date mentioned for submission of Application fees
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The format of the fee payment challan can be downloaded from the website of the Commission
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Career Assessment, Written Test and an Interview.
- The Commission at its discretion will select the candidates for competent selection.
- The Examination will be held at different centers at 33 Zones of the state
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply ONLINE for the posts by logging into the official site of OPSC at http://www.opsconline.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed instructions for filling up of the posts at the same portal at http://www.opsc.gov.in/Admin/RecrAttachments/081213.pdf .
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload a recent passport size photograph and signature as per the exact instructions.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the Odisha PSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for Odisha PSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the Odisha PSC
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form.
- The form can be sent by speed post or registered post to the commission’s office so as to reach well before the last date mentioned.
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANT SECTION OFFICER”.
- Address to send the completed application form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. PK Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001