ONGC Recruitment 2014 For Various Positions in Eastern Sector, Assam
Oil & natural gas Corporation (ONGC) is a flagship ‘Maharatna’ Public Sector Enterprise of India. This is an energy company and is engaged in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas in India and abroad. As a Global Energy major, it contributes to 80% of India’s Domestic Oil Production. The annual net profit of ONGC is on the higher side of Rs.25123 Crores at present. ONGC, through its subsidiary ONGC Videsh Ltd.(OVL), is India’s biggest Transnational Corporate with overseas investment of over 17 Billion USD in almost 16 Countries across the world managing 32 overseas hydrocarbon properties. ONGC has been awarded “Most Attractive Employer” by Ma Foi Randstad.
ONGC- Eastern Sector, Assam invites competent applications from young and energetic professionals for various posts under A-I, A-II and W-I levels. The applicants should have registered with the Employment Exchanges located within the State of Assam are only eligible to apply (Not required for Internal Departmental Candidates).
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Registration of application: 28-May-2014 from 1000 hours
- Last date for Online Registration of application: 17-Jun-2014 till 1800 hours
- Date for payment of Application Fees: from 28-May till 21-Jun-2014 (banking hours)
- Last date for receipt of registration slip and Completed Application: 05-Jul-2014 till 1800 hours
- Tentative Date of written examination: 27-Jul-2014 (Sunday)
- Reckoning date for Age & Education: 17-Jun-2014
Details of Vacancies:
A-II Level – 32 Posts
- Technical Assistant Grade III (Chemistry): 16 Posts (SC-01, ST-02, OBC-04, UR-09)
- Assistant Technician (Civil): 06 Posts (ST-01, OBC-02, UR-03)
- Assistant Technician (Electrical): 10 Posts (ST-02, OBC-03, UR-05)
- Assistant Technician (Instrumentation): 04 Posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-02)
- Assistant Technician (Production): 54 Posts (SC-03, ST-07, OBC-14, UR-30)
- Assistant Technician (Mechanical): 36 Posts (SC-03, ST-04, OBC-09, UR-20)
- Nurse Grade III: 01 Post (ST)
- Medical Attendant Grade-III: 01 Post (UR)
- Assistant Rigman (Drilling): 07 Posts (SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01, UR-04)
- Assistant Technician (Boiler Operation): 05 Posts (OBC-01, UR-04)
A-I Level – 332 Vacancies
- Junior Assistant Technician (Chemistry): 03 Posts (ST-01, OBC-01, UR-01)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Electrical): 21 Posts (SC-01, ST-02, OBC-05, UR-13)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Diesel): 26 Posts (SC-02, ST-04, OBC-06, UR-14)
- Junior Assistant Rigman (Drilling): 167 Posts (SC-10, ST-20, OBC-46, UR-91)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Production): 47 Posts (SC-03, ST-06, OBC-13, UR-25)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Cementing): 06 Posts (SC-01, ST-01, UR-04)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Welding): 07 Posts (ST-01, OBC-02, UR-04)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Mechining): 01 Posts (UR)
- Junior Assistant Technician (Fitting): 32 Posts (SC-02, ST-03, OBC-08, UR-19)
- Junior Fire Supervisor: 02 Posts (OBC-01, UR-01)
- Junior Assistant (Steno-English): 02 Posts (UR)
- Junior Assistant (Material Management): 03 Posts (OBC-01, UR-02)
- Junior Motor Vehicle Driver(Winch/HV Operation): 15 Posts (SC-01, ST-02, OBC-03, UR-09)
W-I-Level – 17 Vacancies
- Junior Fireman: 16 posts (SC-01, ST-04, OBC-06, UR-05)
- Healthcare Attendant Grade-I: 01 post (UR)
- The applicants must have completed their Matriculation along with 3 years Diploma (for A-II level) and ITI/ Trade Certificate (for A-I/W-1 level) in concerned disciplines.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving License and Physical Standard/ Fitness is required for certain posts and candidates should be prepared for that.
- For Nurse Grade III, the candidates should have completed Graduate in Nursing / 3 years Diploma in Nursing from a recognized body and should have registered with Nursing Council
- For Junior Fire Supervisor, the candidates should have completed Intermediate with 6(six) months experience in Fire Services with a valid Heavy Motor Vehicle driving License
- For Junior Assistant (Steno-English), the candidates should have completed Graduation with typing proficiency of 30 wpm in English and shorthand proficiency of 80 wpm. He should possess a certificate of minimum 6 months duration in Computer Application
- For Junior Assistant (Material Management), the candidates should have completed Graduation with Physics and Mathematics and should have typing proficiency of 30 wpm in English. He should possess a certificate of minimum 6 months duration in Computer Application
- For Junior Fireman, The candidates should be a Matriculate with 3 months experience in Fire Fighting and should have a valid Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving license
- For Healthcare Attendant Grade-I the candidates should be a Matriculate with a valid First Aid Certificate.
- For Assistant Technician (Boiler Operation), the applicant should have completed 3 Years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and should have 1st class Boiler Attendant Certificate
- The details of educational requirements can be seen at the complete advertisement at ONGC website at www.ongcindia.com or at http://www.eapplicationonline.com/ongcnazira/Document/Advertisement.pdf
- A-I Level of Posts: Rs.11000 – Rs. 24000
- A-II Level of Posts: Rs.12000 – Rs. 27000
- W-I Level of Posts: Rs.10000 – Rs. 18000
- Other perks and remuneration will be as per the discretion of the company
Criteria with respect to Age:
- All candidates applying for A-I and A-II Level should be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 30 years.
- All candidates applying for W-I Level should be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 27 years
- The reference age will be reckoned as on 17-Jun-2014.
- In case of Sc, ST, PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per ONGC norms.
- 1. For General and OBC : Rs.200
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs.50
- For Ex-SM candidates: Fees exempted
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates are required to pay Registration Fee vide SBI Challan downloadable from www.ongcindia.com .
- SC/ST candidates applying against posts for General category will have to remit the full fee of Rs.150 against the application fee.
- There is no relaxation for departmental candidates.
- The selection will be based on Written Test/ Physical Test/ Driving Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Stenography Efficiency Test/ Typing Efficiency Test. (Wherever applicable) and iii) Personal Interview
- Test paper will be Bilingual i.e. Hindi and English
- The candidates will have to qualify at each stage separately and in aggregate.
Mode of Application:
- The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
- Employment Exchange Registration is mandatory for application (except for Departmental Candidates)
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://www.eapplicationonline.com/ongcnazira/Document/Advertisement.pdf, before applying online.
- Candidates who wants to compete for W-I level/ A-I level/ A-II level will have to fill ONLINE application form separately in each level for all the posts with separate email id which should be active/valid and continued at least for a minimum period of one year from the date of registration
- SBI Challan downloaded from the website, completely filled in and fee deposited in concerned account
- Recent passport size photograph and scan copy of Bank Challan along with scanned signature will be required for Online Application Submission
- The print out of the online application along with all supporting documents and proof of fee payment (original) must be sent to the following address as per the mentioned dates: (i.e. on or before 05-Jul-2014)
- Application(s) have to be forwarded to the designated address by Ordinary post only.
- The candidates should send all documents enclosed in an envelope and Super-scribed as (“APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF 1.____ 2._____ 3._____ 4._____”) as per the status of application.
- Address to send completed application form and other documents via ORDINARY POST only:
The Advertiser (ONGC-ASSAM)
Post Box No. 9248
Krishna Nagar Head Post Office
Delhi – 110051.
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates
- Online Registration Slip has to be forwarded to the designated address by Ordinary Post only. Registered / Speed Post / Courier Service will not be accepted.