ONGC Recruitment 2014-15 For Class-I Executive From Geo-Scientists, Engineers, MBA & CA/ICWA
With the recent announcement from ONGC, it invites competent individuals, who have qualified as Geo-Scientists and Engineers and have good academic record to apply for the positions in the Graduate Trainees. With this announcement, the result of Written Test help with respect to the earlier Advertisement No.01/2014 (R&P) has been disbanded and the candidates will be returned their Application Fees.
The candidates have to freshly apply on the basis of GATE-2015 pass criteria for recruitment of Graduate Trainees.
The various details of the vacancy positions are as mentioned below:
- Date of starting of Online registration for GATE-2015: 01-Sep-2014
- Date of closing of Online registration for GATE-2015: 01-Oct-2014
- Date for GATE-2015 examination: In between 31-Jan-2015 and 14-Feb-2015
- Date of starting of Online registration for ONGC: After Jan-2015
- Announcement of GATE-2015 results: 12-Mar-2015 (tentatively)
- Schedule of interview at ONGC: May-2015 onwards
Details of Vacancies:
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Cementing): 31 Posts [UR-13, OBC-13, SC-03, ST-02]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Civil): 10 Posts [UR-06, OBC-03, ST-01]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Drilling): 110 Posts [UR-57, OBC-32, SC-15, ST-06]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Electrical): 47 Posts [UR-19, OBC-17, SC-10, ST-01]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Electronics): 18 Posts [UR-13, OBC-04, ST-01]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Instrumentation): 23 Posts [UR-12, OBC-05, SC-05, ST-01]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Mechanical): 72 Posts [UR-37, OBC-22, SC-08, ST-05]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Production): 217 Posts [UR-102, OBC-66, SC-31, ST-18]
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) (Reservoir): 14 Posts [UR-08, OBC-03, ST-03]
- Chemist: 74 Posts [UR-37, OBC-17, SC-10, ST-10]
- Geologist: 41 Posts [UR-23, OBC-13, SC-03, ST-02]
- Geophysicist (Surface): 28 Posts [UR-08, OBC-11, SC-05, ST-04]
- Geophysicist (Wells): 22 Posts [UR-14, OBC-07, SC-01]
- Materials Management Officer: 22 Posts [UR-12, OBC-05, SC-04, ST-01]
- Programming Officer: 04 Posts [UR-03, ST-01]
- Transport Officer: 12 Posts [UR-07, OBC-05]
- The candidates selected for this post will be eligible for getting a pay scale of Class-I Executives in E-1 Scale in the range of Rs.24900 – Rs.50500 with other perks and remunerations as per the provisions of ONGC for E-I level of Employment.
- This scale with also include 3% annual increment in the IDA pattern.
Criteria with respect to Education:
- The candidates applying for these job positions must have completed Graduate Degree in Engineering/ Post-Graduate Degree in relevant Science Subjects (for Non-Engineering disciplines) and need to clear the GATE-2015 examination with specific GATE-2015 papers in order to be considered for the job positions.
- Without GATE-2015 qualification no candidates will be selected for these posts.
- Equivalent qualifications such as AMIE will not be considered as eligibility factor.
Criteria with respect to Age:
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Drilling & Cementing): All candidates applying for these posts must not have crossed maximum age limit of 28 years as on 01-Jan-2015.
- For all other posts except Assistant Executive Engineer (Drilling & Cementing): All candidates applying for these posts must not have crossed maximum age limit of 30 years as on 01-Jan-2015.
- In case of SC/ ST, PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per company norms.
Mode of Application:
The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
- All candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement at the website of ONGC at http://www.ongcindia.com/ or at http://www.ongcindia.com/job/receng.pdf to know about the application fee for these posts.
- The selection will be based on the GATE-2015 scores, Academic Performance and a Personal Interview
- Only candidates selected through scores in concerned branches of Engineering and concerned papers of GATE-2015 will be considered eligible for short-listing for Interview
- Candidates short-listed for Interview will have to bring original certificates as proof or else, they may not be allowed for interview process.
- The candidates will have to qualify at each stage separately and in aggregate.
- The weightage will be GATE-2015 score=60%, Interview=15%, Qualification (Essential)=20% and Qualification (Additional)=05%
- GATE scores other than GATE-2015 will not be valid for this section.
Nature of Job:
- As the nature of most of the job profiles demand outdoor field works in shift duties, and require acute technical skills and understanding, the candidates are required to get ready mentally and physically to adopt such job profiles. The jobs are semi-mobile in nature and therefore may be subject to onshore-offshore transfers within/ outside of the country.
How to Apply:
- The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
- The candidates are requested to go through the detailed advertisement as available at the above website in the Careers Section (http://www.ongcindia.com/job/receng.pdf ) to know exact eligibility requirements.
- Valid email ID with validity for minimum period of six months from the date of application is mandatory for submission of Online Application.
- The fees need to be submitted as per the instructions on the detailed advertisement.
- Recent passport size photograph and scan copy of fee payment proof along with scanned signature will be required for Online Application Submission
- The print out of the online application along with all supporting documents and proof of fee payment must be sent to the address as mentioned in the detailed advertisement.
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Keep a NOC from concerned employer in case the applicant is working in any Govt. Organization/PSU
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is the flagship Company from India which has attained its MAHARATNA status in April, 2012 and has been ranked the 3rd in the world in Exploration and Production. As far as compensation is considered, this company offers one of the best compensation packages in the industry. With a merit oriented advancement and professionally controlled organization this company renowned for offering the finest CTC (Cost-to-Company) packages to its employees. Consistent growth is the major driving force for this which has registered 13% growth in the financial year 2011. ONGC has been awarded “Most Attractive Employer” by Ma Foi Randstad.