Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is the flagship Company from India which has attained its MAHARATNA status in April, 2012 and has been ranked the 2nd in the world in the Energy and Petroleum Sector. As far as compensation is considered, this company offers one of the best compensation packages in the industry. With a merit oriented advancement and professionally controlled organization this company renowned for offering the finest CTC (Cost-to-Company) packages to its employees. Consistent growth is the major driving force for this which has registered 13% growth in the financial year 2011. ONGC has been awarded “Most Attractive Employer” by Ma Foi Randstad.
ONGC- Assam Asset, Nazira invites competent applications from young and energetic professionals for various posts. The applicants should have registered with the Employment Exchanges located within the State of Assam to be eligible to apply.
Recruitment Advertisement No. 01/2013
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Registration of application: 17-June-2013 1000 hours
- Last date for Online Registration of application: 15-July-2013 1800 hours
- Last date for receipt of registration slip and Completed Application: 20-July-2013 1800 hours
- Tentative Date of written examination: 25-August-2013 (forenoon)
Vacancies: For details log in to the ONGC portal at www.ongcindia.com
Total Number of vacancies – 207 posts
- A-2 Level – 90 posts
- A-1 Level – 103 posts
- W-1-Level – 14 posts
a) Technical Assistant Gd.III (Chemistry) – 22 posts
b) Assistant Technician (Civil) – 08 posts
c) Assistant Technician (Electrical) – 09 posts
d) Assistant Technician (Electronics) – 08 posts
e) Assistant Technician (Instrumentation) – 11 posts
f) Assistant Rigman (Drilling) – 21 posts
g) Assistant Technician (Production) – 11 posts
- Junior Assistant Technician (Electrical)- 39 posts
- Junior Assistant Technician (Diesel)- 05 posts
- Junior Assistant Rigman (Drilling)- 25 posts
- Junior Assistant Technician (Production)- 08 posts
- Junior Assistant Technician (Cementing)- 03 posts
- Junior Assistant Technician (Welding) – 01 post
- Junior Assistant Technician (Machining)- 09 posts
- Junior Assistant Technician (Fitting)- 03 posts
- Junior Motor Vehicle Driver (Winch/Heavy vehicle Operation) – 04 posts
- Junior Assistant (Materials Management) – 02 posts
- Junior Assistant (Accounts) – 1 post
- Junior Assistant (Steno English) – 2 posts
- Junior Fire Supervisor – 1 post
a) Junior Fireman – 14 posts
- The applicants must have completed their matriculation along with ITI in concerned disciplines of engineering trade.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving License and Physical Standard/ Fitness is required for certain posts and candidates should be prepared for that
- For Gen and OBC candidates minimum pass percentage is 60% and for SC/ST it is at 50%.
- There will be no such criteria for Departmental candidates where a simple pass will be acceptable.
- For Fireman posts a pass certificate will be accepted.
- The details of educational requirements can be seen at the complete advertisement at ONGC website at www.ongcindia.com or at http://examfeedback.net/INPUTS/advt2.pdf
- A-I Level of Posts: Rs.11000 – Rs. 24000
- A-II Level of Posts: Rs.12000 – Rs. 27000
- W-I Level of Posts: Rs.10000 – Rs. 18000
Criteria with respect to Age:
- All candidates applying for A-I and A-II Level should be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 30 years.
- All candidates applying for W-I Level should be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 27 years
- The reference age will be reckoned as on 15-July-2013.
- In case of Sc, ST, PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per company norms
- For General and OBC : Rs. 150
- For SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Sm: Rs. 50
- Candidates belongs to Ex. Serviceman & PwD are exempted from Processing/Registration Fee
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates are required to pay Registration Fee vide SBI Challan downloadable from www.ongcindia.com. This fee has to be paid to ONGC Account No. 30827318409. Branch Code: 1576.
- The selection will be based on Written Test/ Physical Test/ Driving Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Stenography Efficiency Test/ Typing Efficiency Test. (Wherever applicable) and iii) Personal Interview
- Test paper will be Bilingual i.e. Hindi and English
- The candidates will have to qualify at each stage separately and in aggregate.
Mode of Application:
- The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
- Valid email ID with validity for minimum period of six months from the date of application
- SBI Challan downloaded from the website, completely filled in and fee deposited in concerned account
- Recent passport size photograph and scan copy of Bank Challan along with scanned signature will be required for Online Application Submission
- The print out of the online application along with all supporting documents and proof of fee payment (original) must be sent to the following address as per the mentioned dates: (i.e. on or before 20-July-2013)
- The candidates should send all documents enclosed in an envelope and Super-scribed as (“APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ________________________”).
- Address to send completed application form and other documents:
Post Box No 84, Guwahati GPO, Meghdoot Bhavan, Guwahati- 781 001
Post Box No 53, Silchar HPO, Silchar – 788 001
Post Box No 05, Sivsagar HPO, Sivsagar – 785 640
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates
- Online Registration Slip has to be forwarded to the designated address by Ordinary Post only. Registered / Speed Post / Courier Service will not be accepted.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh