ONGC – India’s Flagship Maharatna Invites Competent Individuals To Fill Up Upcoming Vacancies
Employment Advertisement No: 01/2012
- Date of starting of Online registration: 29-May-2012
- Date of closing of Online registration: 25-Jun-2012
- Last date for receipt of Application: 02-Jul-2012 (Manually filled up application should be forwarded with ordinary post only to the designated address. NO speed posts and couriers will be accepted under any circumstances)
About the Company:
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is the flagship Company from India which has attained its MAHARATNA status in April, 2012 and has been ranked the 2nd in the world in the Energy and Petroleum Sector. The knowledge excellence, sustainable growth and the exemplary governance practices has adorned this PSU as one of the most promising employers in India. ONGC accounts for 73% of Oil and 48% Natural Gas production of the country and this is the only Indian Energy major in the Fortune’s Most Admired List for 2012. Registering an after tax profit to 189,240 Million US Dollars in the financial year 2011, this company has carved a consistent performance on the Industrial Excellence Graph of India. Its offshore wing expanding operations with 33 projects covering 16 nations, ONGC Videsh is one of the promising overseas expansions with net investment worth more than 10 Billion USD.
As far as compensation is considered, this company offers one of the best compensation packages in the industry. With a merit oriented advancement and professionally controlled organization this company renowned for offering the finest CTC (Cost-to-Company) packages to its employees. Consistent growth is the major driving force for this which has registered 13% growth in the financial year 2011.
The Vacancy Positions:
With a view to fill up the upcoming requirements, ONGC invited competent individuals from Maharashtra to apply for the positions of Assistants and Junior Assistants as well as Field Operators. The educational qualification requirements ranging from the Matriculation standard with technical certification to the post-graduation, the various details of the vacancy positions are as mentioned below:
Most essential requirement:
Any candidate applying for the below mentioned positions should ideally be registered with the Employment Exchange of Maharashtra and should possess a valid Employment Exchange Registration No. Without the registration with the Employment Exchange no candidature will be considered as fit for empanelment.
As the nature of most of the job profiles demand outdoor field works in shift duties, and require acute technical skills and understanding, the candidates are required to get ready mentally and physically to adopt such job profiles. The jobs are semi-mobile in nature and therefore may be subject to onshore-offshore transfers within the country.
- For general and OBC : Rs. 250
- For SC/ST: Rs. 100
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All fees are to be remitted as a Bank Draft (valid for 6 months) in favor of ONGC Ltd., Mumbai. Payable at Mumbai.
- SC/ST candidates applying against general category has to remit Rs.250 as application fees
Nature of Job, Pay Scale, emoluments and educational qualification:
- A-II Level (Regular Employment)
- Job profile: Assistant Technician
- Expected General Technical Proficiency: 3 years Diploma in Engineering for specific branches of Mechanical/ Electrical/ Petroleum/ Chemical/ Instrumentation/ Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electronics/ Telecomm/ Material Management/ Inventory and Stock Management as per the specific requirements of various positions
- Specific Technical Proficiency-I: Post-Graduate Diploma/ PG or Graduate Degree in Commerce/ ICWA (Inter)/ CA (Inter)/ Diploma in Finance & Accounts for some specific positions related to finance and accounting
- Specific Technical Proficiency-II: Heavy vehicle Driving license which is valid by the date of applying for the specific positions
- Total Number of vacancies: 98 (including reserved posts for SC/ST/OBC/PWD as per the recommendations of the Government of India)
- A-I Level (Regular Employment)
- Job profile: Junior Assistant Technician
- Expected General Technical Proficiency: High School/ Matriculation level Examination (Class X) with Trade Certificate in specific disciplines of Fitting, Mechanical trades (Diesel/ Instrumentation/ Turner/ Machining/ Tractor/ Motor Vehicle/ Welding/ BlackSmithy/ Boiler Attendant and Machinist Grinder), Electrical, Welding, Machining as per the specific requirements of the posts
- Specific Technical Proficiency-I: Intermediate with technical proficiency in Fire service and Security services as per specific positions of Junior Fire Supervisor and Junior Security Supervisor
- Specific Technical Proficiency-II: Heavy vehicle Driving license which should be valid by the date of applying for the specific positions
- Total Number of vacancies: 39 (including reserved posts for SC/ST/OBC/PWD as per the recommendations of the Government of India)
- Tenure Based Field Operator (TBFO)
- Job profile: Field Operator (Drilling Operation and Crane Operation)
- Expected General Technical Proficiency: A pass in High School Certificate (Class X) with ITI in Fitting/ Diesel Mechanic/ Mechanic Diesel Vehicle/ Motor Vehicle/ Turner/ Welding Trades
OR, Diploma in Mechanical/Production disciplines and with valid Driving License for Heavy Vehicles/ Heavy Goods Vehicles for Crane Operators
- Specific Technical Proficiency-II: A pass in High School Certificate (Class X) with ITI in Fitting/ Turner/ Machining/ Diesel/ Welding Trades
OR, Diploma in Mechanical/Production disciplines for Drilling Operators
- Physical Tests will be applicable for both the job positions
- Total Number of vacancies: 31 (including reserved posts for SC/ST/OBC/PWD as per the recommendations of the Government of India
Scale of Pay/ Emoluments/ Other Compensatory Benefits
- A-II Level: Successful candidates selected for this post will be eligible to get remuneration in the pay band of Rs.12000 – Rs.27000 (With an approximate monthly emolument of Rs.30000). This includes allowances at 47% of the basic emolument, DA, HRA (or Company accommodation) and Contributory PF. The candidate will be eligible to get other facilities such as Medical facility for self and dependants, gratuity, loans for housing and vehicle, Composite Social Security as well as Liberal Performance related Pay (PRP)
- A-I Level: Successful candidates selected for this post will be eligible to get remuneration in the pay band of Rs.11000 – Rs.24000 (With an approximate monthly emolument of Rs.27000). This includes allowances at 47% of the basic emolument, DA, HRA (or Company accommodation) and Contributory PF. The candidate will be eligible to get other facilities such as Medical facility for self and dependants, gratuity, loans for housing and vehicle, Composite Social Security as well as Liberal Performance related Pay (PRP)
- TBFO (Field Operator): The successful candidates will be eligible to get a consolidated wage of Rs.28,100 per month on Offshore duties and Rs.26,700 per month on Onshore duties. Apart from this they will be entitled to receive a lump-sum amount of Rs. 1000 as OPD expenses. The wage pay of tenure pay-scale will be deemed to be at Rs.11000 per month. These candidates will be entitled to get 3% increment on annual tenure pay subject to satisfactory performance. They will be levied PF and bonus as per statutory norms.
Important Note –I:
- All educational qualification sited for various posts are subject to due recognition from competent authorities of the State and Central Government/ Deemed Universities under the statutory control of Government of India/ Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)/ National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT).
- Certificate of disability for PWD candidates should be issued by a competent Civil Surgeon and the minimum degree of disability permitted under such category will be 40% at any circumstances
- Certificate for Fire Training/ Service should be issued from a competent authority of the State or Local Self Government.
Physical Standard Tests and Physical Efficiency Tests will be conducted for only short-listed candidates for the following posts only. i) Junior Fire Supervisor, ii) Junior Security Supervisor and iii) Field Operators as per the following criteria:
- Physical Standard Test:
i) Field Operator (Crane/ Drilling Operations) –
Height – 167cm (Gen)/ 162 (SC, ST, OBC, NE, Hilly and Tribal Areas)
Weight – 58 kg (Gen)/ 50 (SC, ST, OBC, NE, Hilly and Tribal Areas)
Chest (Unexpanded) – Min. 81cm (Gen)/ 79cm (others)
Chest (Expanded) – Min. 86cm (Gen)/ 84cm (others)
Vision – 6X6 without glasses and without any history of night/colorblindness
ii) Junior Fire Supervisor/ Junior Security Supervisor –
Height – 163cm (Tribal, Hill men)/ 168 (All others)
Chest (Unexpanded) – Min. 81cm (For all)
Chest (Expanded) – Min. 86cm (For all)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
iii) Field Operator (Crane/ Drilling Operations) –
a) With one arm transport 20 kgs object to 100 feet distance or 30 steps upstairs
b) With two arms transport 40 kgs over 25 feet distance
c) Climb a vertical ladder of 34 feet (10.5 mtrs) twice
d) Swing 5 kgs Sledge hammer- 15 times (5 times over hand, 5 times under hand & 5 times side arm motion)
iv) Junior Fire Supervisor –
a) Running 800 mtrs within 4 minutes
b) Lifting and carrying a person of approximately his own weight by the fireman lift method to a distance of 100 mtrs without any break
c) Climbing a fire service extension ladder of 34 feet (10.5 mtrs) fully extended in 2 mins
d) Testing of heavy vehicle driving skills
v) Junior Security Supervisor –
a) 1.6 Kms run in 8 minutes
b) Long Jump – 9 feet (3 chances)
c) High Jump – 3 1\2 feet (3 chances)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be no physical test for Ex-Service Persons
Educational Percentage of marks:
- For General/ OBC candidates: Pass marks in Post-Graduation / Class X levels with minimum 60% in technical qualification (ITI), Intermediate and PG level as well as Diploma levels
- For SC/ST candidates: Pass marks in Post-Graduation / Class X levels with minimum 50% in technical qualification (ITI), Intermediate and PG level as well as Diploma levels
- For Departmental Candidates: Pass marks in Post-Graduation / Class X levels and pass marks in technical qualification (ITI), Intermediate and PG level as well as Diploma levels
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All candidates have to fill in the exact percentage of marks without rounding off the percentage while filling the online application
Criteria with respect to Age:
- All candidates should have attained a minimum age of 18 years as on 31-May-2012.
- The maximum age for General category is 30 years, that for OBC is 33 years and that for SC/ST is fixed at 35 years
- In case of PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per company norms
- Any candidate can apply for all eligible posts with one demand draft of applicable fee
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates, while applying for a post where there are no vacancies in their respective reserved categories, will be treated as General candidates and no relaxation in any criteria will be admissible to these candidates.
- Departmental candidates would also be required to deposit the applicable registration fee. However, the same would be reimbursable.
- Departmental candidates other than Tenure based Employees within same pay scale need not apply.
- Departmental candidates fulfilling the requisite qualifications will be given first consideration.
- The selection will be based on i) Written Test, ii) Physical Tests (Where ever applicable) and iii) Personal Interview
- The written test will be solely based on the educational qualification asked for a particular post and in case the patter of education are similar for some levels the level of educational requirements with A-II level will be followed for question patterns
Information to be at hand for filling up Online application:
- Demand Draft number, bank name, date of issue
- Caste certificate details like date of issue, certificate No., issuing authority (For SC/ST/OBC)
- Certificate of Competency as Electrical Supervisor for candidates of Electrical discipline
- Percentage of marks in Class X/ Intermediate/ ITI/ Diploma/ Post Graduation
- Valid email ID with validity for minimum period of six months
- Valid Employment Exchange Registration Card no. of Post Graduation/ Diploma/ ITI / HSC/ SSC qualification issued by Employment Exchange located in Maharashtra State, Date of Registration, Valid up to /Renewal due date, Name of Employment exchange
- Date of Birth as mentioned in the SSC/ Matriculation Board Certificate
- In case of Ex-Serviceman, Registration card issued by the Employment Exchange/ Ex-Servicemen Welfare Department situated within the state of Maharashtra
- Certificate of Disability issued by the Competent Authority in case of PWD candidates
Steps for Applying Online:
- Logon to www.ongcindia.com (ONGC website) and click on “Recruitment 01/2012, WOU, Mumbai” and then click on “Apply Online”
- Select the post candidate wants to apply and fill in the requisite details in the online application format
- Preview the entered details, edit if required otherwise submit the application
- Once you submit the Application, the System will generate a unique Registration Number, password, an E- mail will be sent to you mentioning the same.
- Take a printout of your Registered Application by clicking on the name of the post under Print Form Section. Registration slip consists of your basic details like name, category, post(s) applied for and test centre opted.
- To print registered application you can also click on “Already Applied / Log in” and enter Registration Number, E-Mail ID and Password and then click on Name of the post under Print Form Section.
- To apply for another post, candidate may log in with the same way as mentioned above and click on “Apply for Other JOB”. In this case you need to fill only fields related to post only.
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip for record
- Forward the following documents attached to each application separately:-
- Printed registration slip with affixed recent passport size photograph attested by Gazetted officer/ PSU Bank Manager or ONGC Officer at Manager Level
- Two self attested recent passport size photographs (write registration slip no and name on reverse of photographs)
- Demand Draft, write registration slip no. and name on reverse of Demand draft.
- Attested Copy of SC/ST/OBC (with valid non creamy layer certificate) caste certificate in prescribed format (refer Annexure-A/ B)
- Attested Copy of valid Employment Exchange registration Certificate with requisite essential qualifications mentioned & issued by any of the Employment Exchange of Maharashtra.
- Certificate(s) of essential qualifications Class X/ Intermediate/ ITI/ Diploma/ Graduation/ Post Graduation.
- In case of PWD, enclose Certificate of Disability issued by the Competent Authority
- NOC from concerned employer in case the applicant is working in any Govt Organization/PSU
Envelope containing Registration Slip, Demand Draft along with recent passport size photographs (Staple documents separately for each post) should be super scribed as ‘APPLICATION(s) FOR THE POST (S) OF 1.______ 2.______ 3.________ & send by Ordinary Post only so as to reach latest by 02.07.2012 to the following address:
The Advertiser (ONGC, WOU),
Post Box No. 8717,
Bhartiya Post Office, Nityanand Nagar,
Andheri (East), Mumbai, PIN: – 400 069.
Additionally the Departmental Candidates are required forward the application (Original) through proper channel to I/C – R&P, ONGC, 4th Floor, NSE Building, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400 051.
Note: Along with filled application form/ Registration Slip, Departmental Candidates must attach a certificate of experience in ONGC – issued by I/C – HR/ER concerned for claiming age relaxation, a copy of ONGC ID card duly attested by I/C – HR/ER for identification.
For more detail advertisement on ONGC Recruitment 2012, please refer to ONGC official Recruitment Advertisement No. 01/2012, WOU, Mumbai here http://media.ongcjobs.com/Full_Advt_and_Eligibility_Criteria_Recruitment_01_2012.pdf
For any further queries you can email to: firstname.lastname@example.org