Indian Ordnance Factories, Ministry of Defence, government of India invites online applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Chargeman (Non-Gazetted Group ‘B’) posts at different Units of Ordnance Factories.
Examination will be conduct in Hindi or English medium.
Opening Date for Online Registration of Application: 19-July-2014
Last Date for Online Registration of Application: 09-Aug-2014
Last Date for receipt of the hard copy of the applications: 16-Aug-2014
Last Date for receipt of the hard copy of the applications from Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and for candidates residing abroad: 16-Aug-2014
Total Number of Vacancies:
Chargeman ( Non-Gazetted Group ‘B’)- 1572 vacancies
Trade Wise Details of Vacancies:
- Mechanical: 875 Posts (UR-486, OBC-190, SC-126,ST-73)
- Information Technology: 23 Posts (UR-13, OBC-06, SC-04)
- Electrical: 133 Posts (UR-86, OBC-88, SC-15,ST-04)
- Chemical: 296 Posts (UR-156, OBC-87, SC-41,ST-12)
- Civil: 39 Posts (UR-30, OBC-07, SC-02)
- Metallurgy: 46 Posts (UR-32, OBC-08, SC-4,ST-2)
- Clothing Technology: 32 Posts (UR-18, OBC-06, SC-07,ST-01)
- Leather Technology: 04 Posts (UR-2, OBC-1, SC-1)
- Non Technical (Stores): 41 Posts (UR-35, OBC-06)
- Non Technical (OTS): 60 Posts (UR-33, OBC-16, SC-06,ST-05)
- Automobile: 03 Posts (UR-01, OBC-02)
- Electronics: 20 Posts (UR-13, OBC-04, SC-02,ST-01)
Pay Scale: Selected candidates for the posts of Chargeman will be eligible to get pay scale of Rs.9300-34800/- + Grade Pay of Rs.4200/-.
- Candidates must not have crossed 27 years of age for Unreserved, 30 years of age for OBC, and 32 years of age for SC/ ST category as on 09-Aug-2014.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per rules.
Educational Qualification As per Trade:
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Automobile, Electronics: Candidates should have completed three years Diploma or Equivalent in the relevant Discipline duly approved by AICTE.
- Chemical, Mettalurgy, Clothing Technology, Leather Technology: Candidates should have passed three years Diploma or equivalent in the relevant discipline duly approved by AICTE OR B.Sc. with General Chemistry as one of the major subject.
- Information Technology: Candidates must have pass “A” level competency certificate course or equivalent qualification in Computer Science duly recognised by The Govt. of India.
- Non Technical (Stores), Non Technical (Other Than Stores): Graduate Degree in Engineering/ Technical/ Humanities/ Science/Commerce/ Law etc. from a recognised University.
Note: Any Higher qualification at Bachelor’s Degree/ M Tech / P.G. level will also be acceptable.
Application Fee: Rs. 100/-
- Candidates can pay the fee through bank Remittance only in favour of, Principal Director, Recruitment Fund OFRB, Ambajhari- Nagpur.
- SC/ST, Women and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.50/- for Off-line Bank Transaction Charges to SBI.
Mode of Selection:
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Examination of 200 Marks for Technical Posts, and 150 Marks for Non-technical Posts.
- After getting selected, candidates have to come to NADP/Respective factories with their original documents for verification.
Centers of Examination: Ambernath (Near Kalyan, Mumbai), Aruvankadu (Near Ooty), Badmal (Odisha), Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Medak (Near Hyderabad), Muradnagar (Near Delhi), Nagpur, Pune, Trichy.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may apply online only through the official website www.i-register.org/ioforeg/index.php.
Candidates are suggested to take hard copy of application, once have successfully completed the online process, sign at appropriate place and send it along with original copy of Payment Challan to the Postal address mentioned in the print out of application form.
For more detail on this recruitment such as relaxation in age limit, detail on written examination structure, guidelines on how to apply online effectively, and other important guidelines please refer to official recruitment advertisement here Indian Ordnance Factories Recruitment August 2014 For Chargeman Vacancies.