As the state level nodal agency for selecting competent candidates for recruitment into various departments and their sub-ordinate organizations, Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is making its presence felt in various times of the year through different departmental Advertisements and Notifications. The OSSC is the authority responsible for framing out the guidelines for selection and conducting competent evaluation of the candidature to select the most suitable persons for various state cadre positions.
With the recent requirement from the Directorate of Prisons and Correctional Services (Home Department), the OSSC has released a notification inviting competent candidates for filling up 17 vacancies of Prison Welfare Officer/ Sub-Divisional Probation Officer/ After-Care Officers to be posted initially on contract basis.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
- Date of publication of notification and Starting of Online Registration: 24-June-2014
- Last date of Online registration of Application: 25-July-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for submission of hardcopy of Online Application (Detailed Application Form-DAF): 02-Aug-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2014
Name of the Post:
- Prison Welfare Officer/ Sub-Divisional Probation Officer/ After-Care Officers (Post Code- JCO-47)
Total no of posts:
- 17 Posts (SC-M-01, SC-W-01, ST-M-03, ST-W-02, SEBC-M-03, SEBC-W-01, UR-M-04, UR-W-02)
- The candidates upon selection for these posts will receive emoluments in the scale of PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 per month
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable for these candidates as per rules.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have completed 21 years of age and should not have reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2014. Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable according to the statutory rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate or Birth Certificate issued by competent authorities.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The candidates must have Completed 3 years Bachelors Degree (Graduation) in any discipline. Preference will be given to candidates having Psychology/ Sociology as a subject in Degree level.
- Linguistic Competency: The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language/ HSC with Odia as a subject,.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Preliminary Written Examination and a Main Examination as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- The candidates will be selected for the Preliminary Examination as per their career marks in Graduation and other levels.
- The selection list will be prepared on the basis of the results of Written Examination.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 100/- through a treasury challan in favour of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- The candidates can also pay the fees online through the e-Treasury Challan as available at the website of Odisha Treasury at www.odishatreasury.gov.in
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply online for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Before applying online the candidates are requested to read through the detailed advertisement at http://www.odishassc.in/pdf/WEB.%20jco%20ADVT%20.pdf
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- The envelope containing Detailed Application Form (DAF) must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF __________________________”
- Address to send the completed application form by Speed Post/ Registered Post:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.