Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) as the nodal agency for selection of candidates for various government positions, has been serving the people of Odisha through its service response. With the recent requirement from the Housing & Urban Development Department (PH) and Works Department, the OSSC has released a notification regarding inviting competent candidates for filling-up 551 vacancies of Junior Engineer Civil. Only Diploma Engineers are eligible to apply against these vacancies.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
- Starting Date for Online Registration of Application: 05-Aug-2014
- Last date of Online Registration of Application: 05-Sept-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for sending the Detailed Application Form (DAF) at the Commission’s office: 12-Sept-2014 till 5 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2014
Details of Job Positions (Department Wise): Total 551 Posts
- EIC-Civil – R &B Department:
- Junior Engineer (Civil): 517 Posts [out of which 170 Female and UR-259 (85 Female), SEBC-58 (19 Female), SC-84 (28 Female) & ST-116 (38 Female) and out of these 12 posts for Ex-SM, 06 Posts for Sportspersons and 20 Posts reserved for PWD candidates]
- EIC-Public Health:
- Junior Engineer (Civil): 34 Posts [out of which 12 Female and UR-17 (06 Female), SEBC-NIL, SC-05 (02 Female) & ST-12 (04 Female) and out of these 01 post for Ex-SM, 01 Post for Sportspersons and 01 Post reserved for PWD candidates]
- The candidates get selected for this post will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9300-Rs.34800 and a Grade pay of Rs.4200 in the PB-II as per Odisha Group-B Posts Contractual Appointment Rules.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2014. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate issued by the board.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The candidates must have completed full-time 3 Years Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent. The applicants must have studied Odia as a compulsory subject in their Matriculation standard or should have completed ME education in Odia Medium.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Written Examination (Core Subject Papers), a Viva-Voice and a Career Assessment Marks as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 100/- through a treasury challan in favour of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of Odisha SSC at www.odishassc.in.
- The candidates are advised to read the detailed instruction as available at http://online.odishassc.in/download/2225_86.pdf or at http://online.odishassc.in/ before filling up of the application.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The candidates may apply for more than one departments, by selecting the appropriate column in the Online Application Form.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- Address to send the completed application form:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.