Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is the state level nodal agency for releasing notifications, selecting candidates by conducting competent evaluation and recruiting the candidates in multiple departments and their subsidiary organizations as and when the departments require such candidates for their service channels. The OSSC is taking a lot of strain to frame out the guidelines for selection and conducting a dedicated evaluation of the candidature to select the best suitable persons for various state government positions.
With the recent requirement from the Department of Commerce and Transport of the State, the OSSC has released a notification regarding inviting competent candidates once again with refurbished norms in the positions of Junior Motor Vehicle Inspectors.
The candidates who have already submitted applications and DAF to the notification No.2512/OSSC dated 04-August-2012, need not send new applications as per this notification.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Post: Junior Motor Vehicle Inspector (Junior MVI)
Total no of posts: 17 Posts Out of which, 06 posts are reserved for Women. Out of the complete posts 03 posts are reserved for SC, 03 posts for ST and 02 posts are reserved for SEBC candidates. There are 07 posts marked for UR candidates with this order. 01 post for Ex-SM candidates are reserved. This post is not suitable for PWD candidates.
- Last date of receipt of application form through online mode: 29-June-2013 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for sending the Detailed Application Form (DAF) at the Commission’s office: 08-July-2013 till 5 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2012
The candidates get selected for this post will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9300-Rs.34800 and a Grade pay of Rs.4200 in the PB-II
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 18 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2012. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate issued by the board.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The candidates must have Completed HSC (10th Standard) with 3 Years Diploma in Automobiles/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Competency: The applicant should possess a valid Driving Licence belonging to the categories of “Motor Cycle with Gear”, “Heavy Goods Vehicle”, “Heavy Passenger Vehicle”, or “Transport Vehicle”. The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language/ HSC with Odia as a subject
- Experience: The applicants must have at least 1 year of work experience in any Automobile workshop or repair and maintenance of Motor Vehicle, passenger Vehicle, Heavy Transport vehicle and Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle fitted with Diesel and Petrol Engines
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Written Round, the Viva-Voice and Career Assessment Marks as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 100/- through a treasury challan in favour of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. One may refer to official advertisement here www.odishassc.in/pdf/mvi-re%20advt.pdf.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- Address to send the completed application form:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.