Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is the state level nodal agency for conducting competent evaluation and recruiting the candidates in multiple departments and their subsidiary organizations as and when the departments require such candidates for their service channels. The OSSC operating with the guidelines of departments and other establishments and plays a prudent role in selection of staff.
With the recent requirement from different Head of the Department offices of the State, the OSSC has released a notification regarding inviting competent candidates for the positions of Junior Stenographer (Post Code: 40/JSHO). There are 94 total vacancies as notified till now which includes 25 posts on contractual recruitment norms.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Post: Junior Stenographer
Post Code: Post Code: 40/JSHO
Total no of posts: 94 Posts (25 Posts on Contract basis)
- Out of which, 24 posts are reserved for Women. Out of the complete posts 20 posts are reserved for SC, 39 posts for ST and 11 posts are reserved for SEBC candidates. There are 24 posts marked for UR candidates with this order. Out of the total vacancies 02 posts for PWD are also reserved.
- Last date of receipt of application form through online mode: 31-Oct-2013 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for receiving OSSC copy of Application Form in hardcopy: 07-Nov-2013 till 5 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
The candidates get selected for this post will receive a scale of PB-I in the order of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2400 per month.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 18 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate issued by the board.
- Education: The candidates must have completed their Higher Secondary Education (10+2) in any stream and should have a shorthand speed of minimum 80 words per minute in both Odia and in English. The competent certificate should be attached with the detailed application format.
- Exception: However, for the Office of the Odisha State Legal Service Authority (OSLSA), a candidate having minimum Graduation Degree with a Diploma in Computer Application and with minimum shorthand speed as mentioned above will be eligible.
- Mandatory: The candidate should have passed ME school examination in Odia language subjects or equivalent
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Written Round, and Career Assessment Marks, test of English language, Test of Odia Language, Test of Shorthand as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- There will be no Interview/ Viva-voice test for these posts.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 100/- through a conventional treasury challan in favor of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- The fees can also be deposited through preferred bank challans as available at the website of the Odisha SSC
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF JUNIOR STENOGRAPHER”
- Address to send the completed application form:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.
- Official Advertisement @ http://www.odishassc.in/pdf/Jr%20steno-ADVT.pdf