Odisha Public Service Commission, as one of the apex authorities for recruitment and administrative support for government departments and functionaries has invited application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Scientific Officer in Group-B of Odisha Forensic Science Service Cadre under Home Department. Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) will be conducting this special recruitment drive especially for SC and ST candidates.
Advertisement No: 01 OF 2013-14
Detailed information and application forms can be availed in official portal of OPSC at www.opsconline.gov.in.
- Availability of Online Application Form: from 18-April-2013 till 18-May-2013 till 11:59PM
- Last date for receipt of print out/hard copy of Online Application along with copy of specified documents/ certificates: 27-May-2013 till 5.00 PM
Name Of The Posts And Number Of Vacancies:
Scientific Officer in Group B – 05 posts in total
Out of which 3 posts are reserved for SC and 2 for ST candidates
Out of the vacancies mentioned above, there are requirement for one Officer each in Biology, Ballistics, Chemistry, Physics, Toxicology disciplines
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be eligible for the Pay Scale of Rs.9300- Rs.34800 + Grade pay of Rs.4600 in PB-II
- The candidates will get other allowances and perks as per norms
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a Master’s Degree from any of the recognized Universities in India with concerned branches of study and should have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate and in final exam.
- For Biology: A Masters Degree in Zoology
- For Ballistics and Chemistry: A Masters Degree in Physics
- For Chemistry & Toxicology: A Masters Degree in Chemistry
- Age: A candidate should be under 32 (thirty-two) years and over 21 (twenty- one) years of age on the 01-Jan-2013. (As per the Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate)
Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms
- Local Language Proficiency: The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard.
- For Reserved (SC, ST) candidates from the state of Odisha: No Fee (fee exempted)
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be made on the basis of career marks and Viva Voce Test.
Important Documents to be Attached along with Application Form:
- Candidates are required to submit Online Applications only along with the printout/hard copy of online application
- True copies of certificates and documents duly attested by the candidate or a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public
- The candidates are also required to mention, on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same
How to Apply:
- Candidates must go through this Detailed Long Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in.
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR SCIENTIFIC OFFICER ‘’ (FOR S.C./S.T CANDIDATES ONLY)”
The candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal, before filling up the online application form –
- Instructions to fill up online application form
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression
Address For sending Detailed Application Form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001
Candidates can send the Printout/Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Courier Service to so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 27-May-2013.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 For Scientific Officers Specially From SC & ST Candidates.