Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 For The Posts Of Assistant Agriculture Officer in Odisha Agriculture and Food Production Service
Advt No: 15 OF 2013-14
As a statutory organization at the state level, Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is functioning as a nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group B and Group A positions in the state. Since its bifurcation from the Bihar-Orissa Public Service Commission, this Public Service Commission is working tirelessly for recruiting higher level candidates in the Public Services of Government of Odisha.
With the recent requirement from the State Agriculture Department, the OPSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of 25 numbers of Assistant Agriculture Officer in Odisha Agriculture and Food Production Service in “Group-B”.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Posts:
- Assistant Agriculture Officer through the Odisha Agriculture and Food Production Service
Total no of posts:
- 25 Posts Out of which 12 (Women-04) posts are reserved for General candidates, 06 (Women-02) posts for ST and 03 (Women-01) posts are reserved for SEBC candidates and remaining 04 (Women-01) posts are reserved for SC candidates. Out of these total vacancies, 01 post is reserved for PWD, and 01 Post for Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Starting date of registration of Online application: 11-Nov-2013
- Last date of registration of Online application: 11-Dec-2013 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for payment of Application Fees at any Branch of SBI: 16-Dec-2013 till working hours
- Last date for receipt of Hardcopy of the Application with all documents: 26-Dec-2013 till 05:00PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have achieved the minimum age of 21 years and should not have reached max 32 years as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be submitted in terms of matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The interested candidates must have possessed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture (BSc Ag) or equivalent qualification from a recognized University and must have at least 2 (Two) years of experience as a Practising Advocate.
- Native Language Proficiency: The candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia and should have had Odia as a subject in the Upper Primary (M.E) or any equivalent examination failing which he/she shall be required to pass an examination in Odia of Upper Primary ( Middle School) standard during his/her period of probation
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-III in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4600 along with other allowances from the Agricultural Department.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Career Assessment (for scrutiny of Applications), Written Test and Viva-Voice tests.
- The Commission at its discretion will select the candidates for competent selection.
- Candidates other than SC/ST from the state of Odisha and PWD have to pay Rs.200 through a Fee Payment challan at any Branch of the State Bank of India within the last date for submission of Application
- SC/ ST from the state of Odisha and PWD candidates (with more than 40% disability) are exempted from paying any fees
- The format of the fee payment challan can be downloaded from the website of the Commission
- The fees can be deposited at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) during office hours or through Net Banking facilities or through Debit/ Credit cards.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply ONLINE for the posts by logging into the official site of OPSC at http://opsconline.gov.in/ . Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided at the same portal.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload a recent passport size photograph, Left Hand Thumb Impression and signature.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the Odisha PSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for Odisha PSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original fee payment challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the Odisha PSC
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form.
- The form can be sent by speed post or registered post to the commission’s office so as to reach by 26-Dec-2013
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT AGRICULTURE OFFICER”
- Address to send the completed application form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. PK Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001