Advertisement No. 02 Date :13-March-2013
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL), a state owned power utility organization in the state of Odisha is engaged in the business of Transmission of Electricity within the state with a vision to emerge as one of the leading utilities in the country in Transmission space. With its present notification it intends to recruit bright, qualified and energetic persons to the following posts for their placement at various units across the State.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Name of the Positions and Number of vacancies:
- Jr. Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) – 103 Positions (UR-30, SC-12, ST-24, SEBC-27, PWD-04)
- Jr. Telecom Technician Trainee (JTTT) – 17 Positions (UR-08, SC-02, ST-02, SEBC-05, PWD-01)
Most important Dates:
- Date of Publication of Advertisement: 14-March-2013
- Date of starting of Online Registration of Application: 15-March-2013, 11 AM
- Closing date & time of Online Registration of Application: 14-April-2013, 5 PM
- Last date for accepting registration slips by post: 20-April-2013
- Intimation to candidates regarding Downloading of admit cards by sms/email latest: 20-May-2013
- Tentative Date of Written Test: 9-June-2013
Pay scale and Remunerations:
- On selection as Jr. Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) & Jr. Telecom Technician Trainee (JTTT), the applicants will receive a consolidated stipend of Rs.6,000/- per month.
- The training will be for a period of 1 (one) year.
- On successful completion of the training, the candidates will be appointed as Semi Skilled Assistant (Electrical/Telecom) in the Semi Skilled–A category in the respective cadre on probation for 1 (one) year in the Scale of Pay of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and Grade Pay of Rs.2100 with other allowances
The applicant must be above 18 (Eighteen) years and below 32 (Thirty-Two) years of age as on 01-March-2013. However, upper age for reserved category of applicants will be relaxable as per norms.
- For Jr. Maintenance & Operator Trainee: The applicant must have passed HSC (Matriculation) and must have obtained a National Trade Certificate in Electrician Trade with minimum 60% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks.
- For Jr. Telecom Technician Trainee: The applicant must have passed HSC (Matriculation) and must have obtained a National Trade Certificate in Electronics Mechanic Trade with minimum 60% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks.
- The selection process involves Written Test and Interview. Eligible candidates will be called for Written Test comprising multiple choice questions from various disciplines. The selected candidates from Written Test will be invited for Interview process and the final selection will be made on the basis of merit performance
- There will be negative 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Written Test
- For other state candidates and Gen/ SEBC candidates from the state of Odisha: Rs.200
- For permanent employees of OPTCL: Fees exempted
- For SC, ST of the state of Odisha: Fees Exempted
- The fees can be paid through Account payee crossed Demand Draft in favor of The DDO, Hqrs office, OPTCL and should be payable at Bhubaneswar
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply online only through the website of Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited at http://www.optcl.co.in
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct stream/post and filled the right information. You shall receive an SMS /e-mail with your Application Number and Password. Preserve it for future usage.
- The applications completed in all respect must be enclosed ina n envelope and super-scribed as “Application for the post of Jr. Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) OR Application for the post of Jr. Telecom Technician Trainee (JTTT)” whichever is applicable
The address to send the completed application form:
Post Bag No.99
GPO KOLKATA, KOLKATA-700001
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here optcl.eadmissions.net/JBED_Advertisement.aspx.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>