Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released a notification vide its advertisement No.08 of 2015-16 for various posts under Odisha Civil Services. At present online applications are being invited for the Preliminary Examination. For the Main Examination, there will be separate notification after the result declaration of the Preliminary Examination. The details are as mentioned below:
- Starting date of online availability of application: 10-July-2015 from 10:00AM
- Last date of receipt of application form through online mode: 10-Aug-2015 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for payment of Application Fees at SBI: 12-Aug-2015 till working hours
Name of the Posts & Number of vacancies:
- Odisha Administrative Service-Gr.A-(JB): 69 Posts [Out of which Women-22 posts and UR-36 (12-W), SEBC-07 (02-W), SC-13 (03-W) & ST-15 (05-W) – Reservation for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons will be applicable as per norms]
- Odisha Police Service-Gr.A-(JB): 24 Posts [Out of which Women-06 posts and UR-14 (04-W), SEBC-02 (00-W), SC-03 (01-W) & ST-05 (01-W) – These posts are not suitable for reservation for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons]
- Odisha Cooperative Service-Gr.B-(ARCS/AGCS): 09 Posts [Out of which Women-01 posts and UR-05 (01-W), SEBC-01 (00-W), SC-01 (00-W) & ST-02 (00-W) – No reservation is available for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons]
- Odisha Revenue Service-Gr.B: 400 Posts [Out of which Women-132 posts and UR-200 (66-W), SEBC-45 (15-W), SC-65 (21-W) & ST-90 (30-W) – Reservation for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons will be applicable as per norms]
- Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service-Gr.B: 168 Posts [Out of which Women-55 posts and UR-86 (28-W), SEBC-18 (06-W), SC-27 (09-W) & ST-37 (12-W) – Reservation for PWD, Ex-SM and Sportspersons will be applicable as per norms]
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- For Group-A Posts (OAS/ OPS): The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-III in the range of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 along with other allowances.
- For Group-B Posts (All others ORS/OCS/OA&TS): The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4600 along with other allowances.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2015. However, those candidates within this specific age limit as on 01-Jan-2012, 01-Jan-2013 & 01-Jan-2014 are also eligible to apply for these posts. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be submitted in terms of matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: A candidate must have obtained Bachelors Degree in any discipline to be eligible to apply for these positions.
- Language Proficiency: The candidates should be fluent in Odia language and should have passed minimum 7th Standard with Odia Medium or equivalent.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 300/- through a Fee Payment challan at any Branch of the State Bank of India within the last date mentioned for submission of Application fees
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The format of the fee payment challan can be downloaded from the website of the Commission
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Preliminary Written Test, a Main Written Test and an Interview.
- The Commission at its discretion will select the candidates for competent selection.
- The Examination will be held at different centers at different zones of the state.
Number of Attempts:
- For SC/ ST/ PWD: No such limits in attempts
- For SEBC & all Others: Total 7 Attempts including Preliminary Examination
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply ONLINE for the posts by logging into the official site of OPSC at http://www.opsconline.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed instructions for filling up of the posts at the same portal at http://www.opsc.gov.in/Admin/RecrAttachments/081516.pdf .
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload a recent passport size photograph and signature as per the exact instructions.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the Odisha PSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for Odisha PSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the Odisha PSC
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form, which should be noted for all future correspondence.
- The candidates who will qualify for the Preliminary Written Examination, need to send the hardcopy of the application along with all supporting documents and OPSC copy of the challan to the OPSC office as addressed below:
- The Application Form for the Main Examination can be sent by speed post or registered post only to the commission’s office so as to reach well before.
- The envelope containing the application form for the Main Examination must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ODISHA CIVIL SERVICE (MAIN) EXAMINATION, 2015”.
- Candidates are not required to send any hardcopy of the application for the Preliminary Examination at present.
- Address to send the completed application form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. PK Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>