NPCIL Recruitment 2014 For 07 Scientific Assistants at Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, Tamil Nadu
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is a Public Sector Enterprise under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. The Company was registered as a Public Limited Company with the objective of operating atomic power stations and implementing the atomic power projects for generation of electricity in accordance to the schemes and program of the Government of India. NPCIL is having comprehensive capability in all facets of nuclear technology such as Site Selection, Design, Construction, Commissioning, Operation, Maintenance, Renovation, Modernization & Up-gradation, Plant Life extension, Waste Management and Decommissioning of Nuclear Reactors in India under one roof.
NPCIL is responsible for design, construction, commissioning and operation of nuclear power reactors. NPCIL is presently a company with the highest level of credit rating (AAA rating by CRISIL and CARE). NPCIL is presently operating 20 nuclear power reactors with an installed capacity of 4780 MW.
With the recent initiative to empower the team with competent workforce, NPCIL is inviting applications for Scientific Assistant positions for its for its Health Physics Unit at Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project. The details of the vacancies and the other important factors of eligibility are detailed as under:
Most Important Date:
- Last Date for receipt of application form: 20-Mar-2014
Name of the vacancies advertised for:
Scientific Assistant (Trainee): 07 Posts (UR-02, OBC-02, SC-02 & ST-01)
- The candidates selected as Scientific Assistants will receive a consolidated monthly stipend of Rs.9300 during their training period.
Period of Training:
- The candidates selected as Scientific Assistants will serve the Corporation as a Trainee for a period of 18 months from the date of their appointment. No reduction or increase in the period of training is permissible under any circumstances.
- Candidates selected as Stipendiary Trainee will have to execute a bond prior to induction in traineeship program.
- The bond to be given will be for a period of 3 times the period of training subject to a minimum of two years and maximum of five years to complete the training
- In the event of breach of bond, the amount repayable will be equivalent to the stipend plus book allowance actually received.
- During and after training, the trainees will be required to attend round-the-clock shifts.
Posting after Training:
- After successful completion of training period, those candidates who have secured at least 60% marks and completed training may be considered by the Corporation for permanent employment in the positions of Scientific Assistant (Grade-B) in the Pay Band-II (Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200).
- The admissible age of the candidates should be in between 18-25 years as on 01-May-2014.
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the rules of NPCIL for reserved categories.
- The candidates should have a B.Sc. Degree with Physics as principal subject and Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Electronics & Computer Science as subsidiary subjects (OR) Chemistry as principal subject and Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Electronics & Computer Science as subsidiary subjects (OR) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects with equal weightage. Must have at least 60% marks in B.Sc.
- Mathematics at HSC (10+2) level is essential for these posts. Should have had English as one of the subjects either at SSC or HSC level examination.
- Candidates having Mathematics as the principal subject at B.Sc. are NOT ELIGIBLE for these posts and need not apply.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be based upon the Objective Type Written Test, and personal Interview as per the nature of posts and criteria for education.
- Candidates can appear the Written Examination in English/ Hindi.
- The selection will be done on a Merit performance basis only.
How to apply:
- The applicants can download the prescribed application form from the website of the NPCIL at http://www.npcil.nic.in
- The application should be submitted in the proforma given in the advertisement, either type written or neatly handwritten on A4 (21cm x 29.5 cms) size paper.
- The candidates should complete the application form in all respect and enclose that with the other necessary certificates and essential documents
- Advertisement No, Name of the Post and Post Code must be super-scribed on the Application such as “Application for the Post of Scientific Assistant (Stipendiary Trainee) against Advertisement No. KKNPP/HRM/1/2014”
- The completed application in all respect must be sent to the following address so as to reach on or before the last date for submission of application form (20-Mar-2014) through general/ ordinary post only
- Address to send Completed Application Form:
The Manager (Human Resource Management)
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project
Kudankulam PO, Radhapuram Taluk
Tirunelveli District, Tamilnadu – 627 106