Management courses are very much in demand these days. Students start preparing after intermediate education for gaining admission to the top management institutes of the country so that they can have a lucrative career ahead. Narsee Monjee Institute is one such college which is very famous for the quality of education that it imparts to its students.
The NMAT exam is the entrance exam for MBA for admission to the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) in Mumbai. This institute was established in the year 1981. It is a deemed university. It is also amongst India’s prime educational and research institutes and has more than 9000 students in 8 specialized schools.
The examination pattern:
There are two stages that have to be cleared in order to secure admission to the institute.
- The first stage consists of a written test comprising of three sections including Language skills, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative skills.
- The candidates who pass the written examination are required to undergo the second stage which consists of group discussion and personal interview.
- The written test is of two hours duration and separate time is allotted to complete the three different sections. However the candidates can answer the sections in any order as per their choice.
- The good thing about the examination is that there is no negative marking in it.
- Another feature of this exam is that each candidate gets to solve a unique question paper.
- Not only this, the candidate can even choose the test date.
So, we can see that this examination is very candidate friendly as compared to the other exams.
The MBA program in NMIMSHAS allows the candidates to choose from among seven specializations apart from the core MBA program. These are MBA (Core), MBA (Pharmaceuticals Management), MBA (Actuarial science), MBA (Capital Markets), MBA (Banking), MBA (Part – Time), Ph.D Program in Management, EPGDBM.
The college is built with the state of the art infrastructure and offers the best facilities to the students. The placement cells inside the institute ensure that the candidates bag the best jobs as per their talents.
The eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for sitting in the examination are that the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks. The candidates who are to appear in the final year of graduation can also apply for this exam. Apart from this there is also a provision for the physically challenged candidates to apply.
The application form:
The application form for the examination can be filled online. The candidates can apply for the MBA programs or for the PGDM program. The candidates should be very careful while filling the form. All the information entered should be valid. After the complete form is submitted, the candidate gets a unique NMAT ID. The exam fee can be paid through various modes. Credit card, cash and Demand draft are the payment options provided to the candidates.
The exam is conducted at eighteen locations in India. The registration for the examination starts in the month of August and candidates have to submit the forms in the month of October. The exact dates can be obtained from the official website of the institute as well as other well reputed websites.
The examination centers are:
- North – Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow, Nagpur and West Mumbai
- South – Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- Central – Allahabad, Indore, Raipur
- East – Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkatta, Patna