All India Radio Recruitment 2015 for 34 Newsreader-cum-Translator
The Prasar Bharati (PB), a statutory autonomous body is India’s national broadcaster, which comprises All India Radio & Doordarshan. With the recent announcement from Prasar Bharti, it intend to invite candidature from the open mass, to join in 34 vacancies of Newsreader-cum-Translator (Indian Languages) in All India Radio, News Service Division.
The positions are for the languages of Assamese, Arunachali, Gujarati, Kashmiri, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Sanskrit, Tamil, and English for engaging them on monthly contractual assignment basis in News Services Division, All India Radio, New Delhi.
Most Important Dates:
Last Date for Receipt of Application in prescribed format: 29-May-2015
Details of the Positions Advertised for: Total 50 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Assamese): 03 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Arunachali): 01 Post
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Gujarati): 04 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Kashmiri): 04 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Malayalam): 05 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Marathi): 02 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Nepali): 06 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Oriya): 01 Post
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Sanskrit): 01 Post
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (Tamil): 05 Posts
- Newsreader-cum-Translator (English): 02 Posts
Pay provisions: The candidates joining All India Radio as Newsreader-cum-Translator will receive a consolidated remuneration in the scale of Rs.23000/- per month with allowances as applicable.
Essential Criteria for Qualification and Experience:
- The candidates applying for these positions must be a Graduate with English and a Graduate conversant with the respective Indian languages (for which they are applying). Candidates must have suitable voice for News reading. Candidates must have Typing Speed of 35 words per minute in English and must be familiar with Computer Applications.
- Post Graduate in English and Graduate conversant with the respective Indian languages is desirable for these posts.
Age Provisions: The applicants must have attained 21 years of age and should not have crossed 45 years of age as on 30-March-2015.
Selection Procedure: The selection will be done through a Written Examination followed by judging the knowledge of language, Translation capability and knowledge of current affairs. Candidates securing marks 50% and above in the written examination will be called for Voice test and interview. The final selection will be done on a merit ranking basis.
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of All India Radio/ Prasar Bharati at All India Radio Recruitment 2015 Advertisement for Newsreaders.
- Before applying the candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification as available at the above mentioned web-link. The applications must be filled with facts and relevant information adequately supported by the certificates and documents. The candidates should put their signatures and paste their photographs at appropriate spaces on the application.
- The applications completed in all respect and attached with the necessary documents, must be super-scribed as “Application for News reader-cum-translator (Indian Languages) in NSD, AIR to be engaged on contract basis”
- Address to send the completed application so as to reach before the last date (29-May-2015):
The Inspector of Accounts
News Services Division, All India Radio, New Broadcasting House
Parliament Street, New Delhi- 110 001