In pursuance of MHRD’s decision, Central Board of Secondary Education has been entrusted to conduct of JEE (Main) and (Advanced) examination for 2013, for admissions into BE/ B Tech courses in NITs, IIITs, DTU Delhi and other Central Funded Training Institutions during April, 2013.
- JEE (Main) (formerly AIEEE- Paper-I) will be held in two modes, offline and online, with offline being conducted on 7th April, 2013 while online mode (Computer Based Test – CBT) will be held on different dates after 7th in April, 2013.
- The examination (earlier AIEEE Paper-II) for admissions to B.Arch/ B.Planning courses at will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.
- Date of Examinations for JEE (Main) Exam 2013 Offline Exam: 7th of April 2013
- Online Exam: From 8th of April to 30th of April 2013 (the exact dates will be announced soon)
Selection with Weightage of marks for Class-XII marks and Entrance Test:
Merit list will be drawn taking into account 40% weightage to Class XII marks and 60% to JEE mark.
Pattern of Examination:
JEE- Main (AIEEE Paper-I) will be for BE/ B.Tech courses for 3 hours while JEE-Advanced (Paper-II) will be for B Arch/ B Planning courses of the same 3 hours duration.
NOTE: From the result of the JEE-Main exam, only 150000 students will be eligible to appear in JEE-Advanced examination, formerly known as IIT-JEE, for admissions into IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IIT BHU.
Academics: The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE (Main) 2013:
- A student must pass in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent
- Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE (Main) 2013 provisionally.
- The candidates who are seeking admission in NITs, IIITs or CFTIs must ensure their eligibility for the admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
- The candidates who are aspirants only for IITs and ISM Dhanbad must ensure their eligibility for admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
The candidates can refer to detailed syllabus at the website of IIT at http://jee.iitd.ac.in
Scoring and Negative Marking:
- There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted.
No of Attempts in JEE (Main) Exam:
- The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three) uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years
- The candidates passed +2 exam in 2011 or 2012 or appearing in +2 in 2013 are only eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2013
- Candidates passed +2 in 2010 or before or appearing in 2014 are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2013
Special Notification for JEE- Advanced Examination:
Only the top 150000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE MAIN will qualify to appear in the JEE-Advanced examination. Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE-Advanced examination, subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile categories of their respective Class-XII board or other qualifying examination. The percentile will vary from year to year and across the Boards.
For more information and queries about JEE-Advanced please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>