National Council of Educational Research and Training is established by government of India headquartered at New Delhi. It is engaged in development of educational material, teacher training, educational research and preparing the curriculum for various schools in India.
Advertisement Number – 162
Name of Post:
NCERT has issued the recruitment for academic posts related to professor, associate professor and assistant professor in various disciplines along with nursery school teacher, Head Master, PGT chemistry, commerce, English, mathematics, political science, computer science and geography.
Nature of the Post:
Posts available are transferable in nature amongst the constituent institutes.
Total Number of Vacancies:
Vacancies according to posts are given below:
- Professor: 20
- Assistant Professor: 81
- Associate Professor: 39
- Nursery teacher: 2
- PGT: 10
Last date of submission of applications should be within 30 days of publication of advertisement that is November 26, 2012.
Qualifications and experience required by the candidates is given below:
- Professor: must have degree of Ph.D. in relevant discipline along with 10 years experience in teaching and research and 2 years field work experience.
- Associate Professor: must have degree of Ph.D. in relevant discipline along with 8 years experience in teaching and research and 2 years field work experience.
- Assistant Professor: must have degree of PG in relevant discipline along with 2 years field work experience. He must have also cleared the NET exam.
- Head master: must have a master’s degree along with B.Ed. or equivalent degree.
- PGT: must be a post graduate in relevant discipline along with knowledge of computer.
- Nursery teacher: must have passed senior secondary along with diploma in nursery teacher education program.
Age limit for headmaster is 35 years to 50 years, PGT is maximum 40 years and nursery teacher is 40 years.
- Professor : Rs.37400-67000 with AGP-10,000
- Associate Professor: Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP-9000
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 15600-39100 with AGP-6000
- Headmistress/Headmaster: Rs.15,600 – Rs. 39,100 with GP Rs. 7,600 (PB-III)
- P.G.T.: Rs.9,300 – Rs.34,800 with GP Rs.4,800 PB-II
- Nursery School Teacher: Rs.9,300 – Rs.34,800 with GP Rs.4,200
Application Fee & How to:
Applicants must a pay fees through crossed demand draft of an amount Rs. 500 for general and Rs. 250 for SC/ ST/ OBC. It should be drawn in favour of Secretary, NCERT payable at State Bank of India, NCERT, Branch, New Delhi-110016. Women, PWD and council employees are exempted from fees.
Candidates will be short-listed and selected on the basis of interview conducted by the council.
Mode of Application:
How to Apply:
All the applicants are required to send the duly filled applications along with required documents to Section Officer, Recruitment-I Section, Room No. 12, 5th Floor, Zakir Hussain Block, NCERT, New Delhi-110016
Candidates are strongly suggested to checkout below mentioned link before applying
2. Application Form(Hindi/English)
3. Notice regarding last date for submission of application and corrigendum regarding payment of fees
4. Academic Performance Indicator(API) (English/ Hindi)