Naval Dockyard Vishakhapatnam Recruitment 2014 For 299 Tradesman Mate (Erstwhile MTS-Industrial)
Naval Dockyard (Vishakhapatnam) today is undoubtedly one of the most technically sophisticated Ship Repair Yards in the country and has assimilated a high degree of skills in repair and maintenance of a wide variety of modern warships and submarines along with state of the art weapons, missile guidance systems, guns, torpedos, advanced propulsion systems, high speed diesel engines, electronic control and monitoring devices and communication systems. Presently the Dockyard has over 6600 skilled personnel from 55 different trades, employed in over 100 work centers in ship repair activities. This is the largest organization of its kind on the Eastern Coast. Instituted as a Boat Repair Shop, which was later converted into a Base Repair Organization (BRO) in 1958, today Naval Dockyard has taken its shape in the present form.
Presently Naval Dockyard (Vishakhapatnam) is inviting application from dedicated and competent Indian male citizens to join the 299 vacancies of Tradesmen (Mate) [erstwhile MTS-Industrial] in the dockyard.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Posts to be Filled Up: Tradesmen (Mate) [Erstwhile MTS-Industrial]
- Date of Publication of Advertisement: 21-June-2014
- Closing date for Online Registration of Application: 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News
Numbers of Vacancies: Total 299 Posts
- Out of which 82 Posts are reserved for OBC, 45 posts are reserved for SC and 20 posts are reserved for ST candidates. Remaining 154 posts are unreserved.
- Out of these total Posts 103 posts (UR-52, OBC-29, SC-16 and ST-06) are subject to approval of competent authority from Naval Dockyard, Vishakhapatnam.
- There will be 10% reservation for Ex-Servicemen, 3% for PWD candidates and 5% for meritorious sports persons.
- The candidates selected as for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.1800 under PB-I
- Apart from the basic pay scale the candidates selected will be eligible to get allowances and other facilities as per rules of Naval Dockyard.
- The upper age limit for Unreserved Category of the candidates is fixed at 25 years as on last date of receipt of applications.
- However, the upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per prevailing rules.
- The applicant should have passes Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board
- The selection process shall consist of an Objective type Written Test and followed by an Interview and Medical Examination (wherever desired) for selecting the candidates on a Merit Listing.
- The merit list of the candidates for appearing the Written Test will be prepared on the basis of their clearance of Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- On the basis of the marks in the Written Exam and Interview, the candidates will be finally selected on a merit ranking order.
How to Apply:
- Eligible applicants are required to apply through the prescribed application format as available here http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10702_60_1415b.pdf
- Candidates need to read the instructions and fill the application form as per the exact requirements as mentioned on detailed advertisement as available with the Employment News
- A valid email ID and Photographs are required for completing the Application. The candidates are advised to sign at the respective places on the application.
- After applying candidate is required to keep a copy of the application for future reference
- The applications should be completed in English only.
- One copy of application with necessary education and other exemption/ relaxation certificates should be forwarded to the following address by Registered Post/ Speed Post only to complete the application procedure:
- The envelope containing application form and other necessary documents must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF TRADESMAN (MATE)” in bold and capital letters.
- No original certificates need to be attached with the application form.
- Address to send completed application form:
The Admiral Superintendent (for CAO)
Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam-530014
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>