Naval Dockyard (Visakhapatnam) today is undoubtedly one of the most technically sophisticated Ship Repair Yards in the country and has assimilated a high degree of skills in repair and maintenance of a wide variety of modern warships and submarines along with state of the art weapons, missile guidance systems, guns, torpedos, advanced propulsion systems, high speed diesel engines, electronic control and monitoring devices and communication systems. Presently the Dockyard has over 6600 skilled personnel from 55 different trades, employed in over 100 work centers in ship repair activities. This is the largest organization of its kind on the Eastern Coast. Instituted as a Boat Repair Shop, which was later converted into a Base Repair Organization (BRO) in 1958, today Naval Dockyard has taken its shape in the present form.
Presently Naval Dockyard (Visakhapatnam) is inviting application from dedicated and competent ITI qualified Indian male citizens to join as Trade Apprentice for various skills. The Apprentice will be joining the Dockyard Apprentice School for a duration of 1 year.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
- Last date for sending completed Application Form: 16-Dec-2013 from 1700 hours
- Date of Written Examination: 21-Jan-2014
- Date of Publication of Written Examination Results: 23-Jan-2014
- Date of Interview: Will be notified separately
- Date of Starting of Training: 15-April-2014
Details of Vacancies for Apprenticeship Training:
- Electrician – ITI in Electrician Trade – 20 Posts
- Electronics Mechanic – ITI in Electronics Mechanic & Mechanic (Radio & TV) Trade – 25 posts
- Fitter – ITI in Fitter Trade – 21 Posts
- Instrument Mechanic – ITI in Instrument Mechanic Trade – 14 Posts
- Machinist – ITI in Machinist Trade – 19 Posts
- Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance (MMTM) – ITI in MMTM (3 years) trade – 07 Posts
- Painter (General) – ITI in Painter (general) Trade – 17 Posts
- R & A/C Mechanic – ITI in Refrigeration & A/C Mechanic Trade – 10 Posts
- Welder (Gas & Electric) – ITI in Welder (Gas & Electric) Trade – 19 Posts
Note: The reservations for scheduled category will be as per rules
Essential Eligibility Conditions:
- Educational Qualifications – The candidate should have standard 10th pass with 50% minimum marks and ITI in particular trade with 65% marks
- Age – The candidate should have been born between 15-April-1993 and 15-April-2000 (in between 14-21 years)
- Minimum physical standard –
As per the standards laid down in the Apprentice Act 1961
- Minor Candidates need to sign an Indemnity Bond as provided to them with the call letter before joining the Dockyard Apprentice School.
- Candidates will receive the stipend of Rs.1700, Rs.1970, and Rs.2220 as fixed by the Act and as per the period of training
- Selection of the eligible candidates will be based on scrutiny of applications on the basis of marks obtained in Matriculation and ITI examinations.
- Chosen candidates will have to appear in a written test to be held in the month of April 2014.
- After that, there will be the interview round.
- The final selection will be done on a merit ranking order.
How To Apply:
- The candidates will have to apply in the format, given in the official site, or in the advertisement at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10702_303_1314b.pdf
- Candidates need to read the instructions and fill the application form as per the exact requirements as mentioned on the portal http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10702_303_1314b.pdf
- The candidates will have to apply for the posts through ordinary post only in the address given below:
Naval Dockyard Apprentice School
Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam – 530014
- The application form should be accompanied by credential certificates and other essential documents
- Applications received by Speed Post or any other form except general post will be rejected
- The applications need to accompany the check-list attached with the detailed format of application
- Any form of canvassing will result in disqualification.