Educational Standards Reach New Heights With National Institute Of Open Schooling (NIOS)
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was formerly known as National Open School. The NIOS is almost similar to CBSE and ICSE. It is known for being the biggest open school in the world. It is famous for its secondary and senior secondary education. It has been constantly educating children at 2144 study centers. It has been providing Vocational Education and Training through 1106 study centers and Open Basic education through 665 affiliated agencies. The study centers of NIOS are 26 in number in overseas.
NIOS was established in the year 1989 by the ministry of Human resource Department. NOS first began as a project of CBSE in 1978 and later combined with NIOS.
- NIOS offers examination in two levels: secondary and higher secondary.
- Examinations are conducted bi-annually in the month of November and April.
- Students are given nine chances in five years for getting through the course.
- The minimum pass percentage is 33%.
- NIOS provides on demand examination.
- The student can visit the NIOS center and take up the exam anytime they wish and that can ease the stress factor.
- The question paper will be automatically generated from a question bank.
- This makes this system unique for the student, so that he can appear in the exam when he is ready.
The secondary level is same as ICSE, CBSE board exams. The higher secondary exam is equivalent to standard XII board examination.
Uniqueness of NIOS
- The student can take the exam when he or she is ready.
- Reduced burden on students academically though quality is not compromised.
- The students can take up the subjects as per their choice from a wide range of subjects offered by NIOS.
- Students are allowed to change their preferences anytime.
- It is left to the student to choose the medium of instruction.
- The students can pick their choice. For the senior secondary examination, the child has to choose 1, 2 or 3 languages.
- They can select any three of their preferred subjects from mathematics, science, physics, chemistry, biology, history, geography, political science, accounts and commerce.
- The students should select any three subjects from typewriting, word processing, stenography, secretarial practice, computer science, sociology and painting.
- For secondary examination, students can choose one or two languages out of 15 various languages.
- They have to choose any two from mathematics, science, social science, business studies, economics, home science and typewriting.
- They have to choose two subjects from word processing, psychology, Indian culture and heritage.
Structure of the Board
The board comprises of an Executive board, chairman, academic committee, finance committee, regional centers, departments, divisions etc.
Regional Offices of National Institute of Open Schooling Board (NOS)
To bring a synergy between the NIOS and state open schools and accredited agencies, a number of regional offices of NIOS are established all over the country. The board has set up regional offices in Delhi, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, Bhubaneswar, Allahabad, Dehradun and Cochin.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>