National Housing Bank is the apex Financial Institution in the country for housing, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India. The Bank is the regulator for Housing Finance Companies as also a significant provider of development finance. The Bank seeks to catalyze institutional funds to reduce housing shortage in the country through various development initiatives particularly rural housing and housing for economically weaker sections in urban areas. The Bank is mandated for the holistic development of the housing finance market in the country.
The Bank is an officer oriented, professionally managed institution with headquarters in Delhi and offices in many other parts of India. To meet the upcoming challenges in banking and finance sector NHB requires talented and committed young professionals in Junior Management Cadre.
The details of the vacancies as well as essential criteria for eligibility are as follows:
Mode of Application: Online only through the website of the National Housing Bank at www.nhb.org.in
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 15-March-2013
- Last date for Online Registration: 02-April-2013
- Dates for Payment of Application fees: in between 15-March and 02-April-2013
- Date for Online Examination: 05-May-2013
- Date of Online availability of Call Letters: From 25-April-2013 till the date of examination
Name and Number of Vacancies:
Assistant Manager (General) – Scale-I : Total 12 positions (SC-2, OBC-4)
Post Code: 01
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The applicants will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 along with other perks and incentives. The starting package should be ideally around Rs.27365.
Probation Period & Service Bond:
Candidates selected for all positions mentioned above will serve a probation period of 2 years extendible at the discretion of the Bank (and is not automatic) from the date of joining the Bank.
The candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline minimum of 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST) or Master’s Degree in any discipline with aggregate minimum of 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST) or CA/ICWA/MBA with minimum 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST).
While no prior experience is required, any relevant experience would be given preference
Broad Skill Set:
Communication skills written and oral, analytical ability and general understanding of economic scenario.
NOTE: Knowledge of Computer Operation is a must for all these posts. Also all these qualifications should be reckoned as on 31-December-2013
- The applicants should be within 21 -28 years to become eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per norms for SC, ST and PWD categories.
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.50
- For all others including OBC, Ex-Servicemen: Rs.500
How to Pay the Application Fees:
- Application Fee can be paid through online payment options using Credit/ Debit Cards
Mode of Selection:
- The Selection would be by way of written test, interview and/ or group exercise only.
- The details of written test structure will follow the norms of IBPS
- The Bank reserves all rights for selection of candidates as per its discretion
How to Apply:
a) The candidates need to apply through online only at the website of the National Housing Bank (NHB) at www.nhb.org.in
b) The applicants are advised to fill in the online application with caution as there will be no chance of altering the data once the application form is submitted
c) The candidates are advised to fill in only the facts with respect to their credentials
d) There is no need to send any physical copy of the application at this moment to the bank
e) The Interview Call Letters will be made available to candidates on the website of the National Housing Bank. Hence, the applicants are requested to check the website at regular intervals for updates about this notification.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here National Housing Bank (NHB) Recruitment 2013 For Assistant Managers in JMGS-I.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh