Architecture is an evolving and fascinating career, which provides lucrative salary as well as self-employment opportunity for the graduates. India is one of the fastest growing countries in the world with enough emphasis on construction. This gives an immense scope for architects in the country.
Architect is a profession includes responsibilities like design a plan for building, preparing blue prints, budget estimation and construction of buildings within the limits and norms of legal system.
People who have dreamt about being an architect should posses some basic traits like creativity, critical thinking to make works easier. In India, the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA), which is located in Pune, Maharashtra offers an advanced study facility to prosper your career in Architecture. It is an academic unit of the Council of Architecture and is conducting NATA Entrance Exam to short list the students to admit in Bachelor of Architecture.
NATA marks are taken into consideration for admitting students in faculties of Bachelor of Architecture at various universities, government institutions and government aided colleges.
Eligibly to appear the NATA Exam
- The student must be an Indian citizen.
- Age of the student must have been seventeen years as on 01st July of the consequent year of the entrance exam.
- Students should have passed senior secondary level exam with Mathematics as a subject or completed diploma from a recognized college/state board/university with 50% cumulative marks in senior secondary or Diploma.
- Students having International Diploma with 50% cumulative marks and Math as a subject can also apply for the exam.
How can you appear for NATA Exam?
Council of Architecture arranges for exam centers all over the country to facilitate the candidates to write this exam. You should get registered in the concerned test centers and get appointment letter for appearing the exam.
- Registration forms can be downloaded from the official website of NIASA.
- Copy of mark statements of senior secondary level should be enclosed with the registration form.
- For diploma holder, copy of mark statement and diploma certificate should be enclosed.
- A demand draft of Rupees eight hundred in favour of The Controller of Examination, Council of Architecture, payable at New Delhi should be submitted along with the registration form.
Outline of subjects to be prepared for NATA Entrance Exam
1. Architecture awareness: This chapter is intending to asses the knowledge of architectural vocabulary, chronological and designing of new model buildings.
2. Aesthetic Sensitivity: This chapter concentrates to test the artistic, visual sensing, analytical thinking and creativity of making 3D & 2D images and designing ability of the candidates.
3. Creative Sensitivity: This chapter evaluates the students based on their skill of freestyle drawing of common objects like bridges, machines, house, market place and shopping complex, etc.
Pattern of NATA Examination
This examination is divided over two parts. They are computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test and the paper based drawing test. The total duration of exam is four hours. Computerized exam is conducted to test the artistic skill of the candidate and it consists of forty multiple choice questions with no negative marks. Duration of this test is about two hours. Another part of the test consists of two sections. Under each section, two sub-questions are to be answered by the candidates elaborately. These tests are conducted to measure the drawing, observation skills, critical thinking and aesthetic sensitivity of the candidates.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>