National Aluminum Company Limited (NALCO), a Navratna Company is the largest integrated Alumina –Aluminum complex of Asia, having State of the Art technology, with its present turnover of around Rs.7000 Crores, is going for further growth and expansion within India & across the globe. The Company also enjoys Premier Trading House status in the field of export, has won many prestigious awards for its excellent performance with significant value addition to its shareholders. The plants and offices are multi-locational with its Corporate Office at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The Company believes in achieving organizational excellence through competent human resources and practices having “people centric” approach.
To achieve its vision to be a reputed global Company in the metals and energy sector, NALCO is looking for 125 (one hundred twenty five) committed, promising and competent young Graduate Engineers with brilliant academic career to join the organization as Graduate Engineer Trainees(GETs) in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Metallurgy, Civil, Mining, Chemical and Computer Science.
The details of the vacancies and the requisite criteria for selection are detailed as below:
- Opening Date of Online Registration at NALCO website: 25-May-2014
- Last Date for Online Registration at NALCO website: 30-Jun-2014
Posts to be Filled Up: Graduate Engineers ONLY through GATE-2014
Number of Positions: 125 Positions (UR-64, SC-19, ST-09, OBC-33 out of which PWD-15)
Disciplines of Vacancies:
- Mechanical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: ME)
- Electrical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: EE)
- Electronics and Telecomm Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: EC)
- Instrumentation Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: IN)
- Metallurgical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: MT)
- Civil Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: CE)
- Mining Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: MN)
- Chemical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: CH)
- Computer Science (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: CS)
- Reservation is provided as per the rules of NALCO for SC, ST, OBC-NCL and PWD candidates
Mode of Application: Online only
Where can you fill the Online Application:
Website of NALCO at http://www.nalcoindia.com/
Vital Eligibility Condition (GATE-2014):
- The candidates eligible otherwise will have to appear for the concerned GATE-2014 papers and get qualified successfully.
- The GATE-2014 score will be the only valid criteria for short-listing of candidates for personal Interview and GD rounds.
- The candidates must have completed Full Time Bachelors Degree in concerned branch of Engineering/ Technology (in the above mentioned disciplines) with minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA. This is 55% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- For Computer Science discipline candidates having 3 years full time regular course in Master’s Degree in Computer Application(MCA) with 65% of marks in aggregate for Unreserved(UR) & Other Backward Class(OBC) and 55% marks in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD in both Graduation and Post Graduation level are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by the time of interview.
Pay Scale & Training Period:
- The candidates selected for these posts will be placed in a scale of Rs.16400 –Rs.40500 during their initial Training Period of 1 year.
- After successful completion of Training Period these candidates will be absorbed at the entry level in the E-1 cadre (as Junior Managers) in the Salary Scale of Rs.24900 – Rs.50500, subject to fulfilling the required performance related/ other criterion.
- CTC upon Confirmation for the Position: Rs.7.38 lakhs per annum (during training period) and this will be enhanced to Rs.10.95 lakhs per annum during absorption in to E-1 cadre.
Max Age Limit:
- A candidate should not exceed max age of 30 Years as on 30-June-2014 to be eligible to apply.
- However, relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories.
Service Agreement Bond:
- The selected candidates at the time of joining will be required to sign a contract of apprenticeship in accordance with the Apprenticeship Act.
- The candidates will also be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.3,00,000 or Rs.4,00,000 (for training imparted abroad) on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.1500 to serve the Company.
- The minimum period of employment on Bond will be for 4 (four) years after successful completion of one year of training.
- NALCO will be utilizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering- 2014 scores (GATE-2014 scores) for recruitment of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the above disciplines.
- Only GATE-2014 score is valid for this recruitment process.
- Based on the GATE-2014 score and organizational requirement, candidates will be short listed for the personal interview.
Physical / Medical Fitness
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with NALCO need to be medically fit as per NALCO’s pre-employment medical standard. It may please be noted that Defective Color vision is a disqualification under Pre-Employment Medical norms of NALCO.
Application Processing Fees:
- There is no separate fee for applying for the post of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the above disciplines in NALCO.
How to Apply:
- Interested eligible candidates should apply ONLINE only through the website of NALCO at http://www.nalcoindia.com/ .
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed instructions as available at http://www.nalcoindia.com/download/Recruitment-of-Graduate-Engineers-through-GATE-2014-Full-Advt.pdf, before applying online.
- Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
- The candidates should have their GATE-2014 registration information in hand before applying for these posts
- The application Form should be completed in all respect.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE-2014 Admit card and Original GATE-2014 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in NALCO
- Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to NALCO.
- The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained with respect to personal/ any other details, later on.
- Candidates are advised to visit the career section of NALCO website www.nalcoindia.com regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will be sent.