Nagaland Board Of School Education Reviving Present Educational Standards Of Schools With Modern Ideas
The Nagaland Board of School Education was established with an objective of achieving complete literacy in the state. The board organizes various exams and functions in its own unique way.
History of the Board
The Nagaland Board of School Education was founded under the Nagaland Legislative Act by receiving the consent of the Governor on 15th November 1973. The board started working from 1st October 1974. The first examination of High School Leaving Certificate Examination was conducted in 6 centers for 2800 students in March 1975.
JEE Exams by NBSE Stand Unique
The Joint Entrance Examination conducted by Nagaland Board of School Education is one of its kinds. The students are made to self-evaluate the scoring sheet’s carbon copy and enter the marks in the register after the completion of the exam. The candidates can bring any kind of discrepancy happening in the marks allotted by the board. NBSE is the first board among all to have implemented such an approach.
Pattern of the Board
The exams conducted by Nagaland Board of School Education consists of
- HSSLC examination is conducted annually.
- Class XI promotion examination.
- Class IX promotion examination.
- HSLC examination is conducted yearly one.
- National Talent Search Test conducted in state level.
- Joint Entrance Examination for technical fields.
The board conducts three types of examinations:
- Centralized Examination: HSSLC and HSLC exams are conducted for class 12 and 10 students respectively in specified centers. The evaluation is centralized and the result is declared on the net, gazette or newspapers.
- Decentralized Examination: Promotion exams for class 9 and 10 are conducted in affiliated schools. The question papers are issued by the board. The evaluation and announcement of results are done by the school teachers.
- NTS and JEE: The NTSE (National talent Search Examination) is conducted to bring out the talents of the students to spot light. JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted for seeking admission in technical lines.
Composition of the Board
- The Board constitutes several ex-office members, nominated members opted by the government of Nagaland and co-opted members.
- Chairman is appointed full time and is the chief executive.
- The various sections of the office include academic, computer, examination and accounts.
Functions of the Board
- Prescribing instructions for examinations for various courses.
- Prescribing examination conditions, conduction of examinations and making necessary arrangements related to the process of examination.
- Publishing external examination results.
- Preparation of textbooks, curricula and syllabi for the approved courses of study.
- To guide the State Government on the matters of development of school education.
- Adopting new policies and practices in the evaluation examination processes.
- Inspecting the affiliated schools in order to maintain the standards of the board.
- Organize seminars, lectures, orientation programs and workshops for teachers and heads of the institutions.
- Make the evaluation process fast and publishing the result without any delay.