Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is the flagship Company from India which has attained MAHARATNA status in April, 2012. This Company has been ranked the 2nd in the world in the Energy and Petroleum Sector. As a subsidiary of ONGC, Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd. (MRPL), is operating around the Mangalore coast and is one of the major shareholders of success of ONGC. MRPL has a design capacity to process 15 million metric tonnes per annum and is the only Refinery in India to have 2 Hydrocrackers producing Premium Diesel (High Cetane). It is also the only Refinery in India to have 2 CCRs producing Unleaded Petrol of High Octane. The company is recognized today as the leading refinery in India in terms of all round performance, having won many awards for Energy conservation, Safety, Quality, Exports etc.
MRPL invited competent individuals to apply for the positions in Management cadre. The details of the vacancy positions are as mentioned below:
- Last date for submission of Completed Application in the Prescribed Format: 06-Jun-2014
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 31-May-2014
Total Number of vacancies to be filled up: 17 Positions
- Deputy Manager (Finance): 01 Post in E-3 Grade (SC)
- Workman (Chemical): 09 Posts in W-1 Grade (SC-06, ST-03)
- Workman (Mechanical): 04 Posts in W-1 Grade (SC-02, ST-02)
- Workman (Electrical): 01 Post in W-2 Grade (ST)
- Workman (Instrumentation): 02 Posts in W-2 Grade (SC)
- E-3 Grade: Rs.32900 – Rs.58000 in IDA Pattern
- W-1 Grade: Rs.12800 – Rs.35000 in IDA Pattern
- W-2 Grade: Rs.11900 – Rs.32000 in IDA Pattern
Criteria with respect to Age:
- For Deputy Manager: Max age is 40 years
- For Workman (W-1 Grade): Max age is 39 years
- For Workman (W-2 Grade): Max age is 35 years
The age will be reckoned as on 31-May-2014
The max age specified above have taken into account the relaxation applicable for SC/ST candidates. No further relaxation will be applicable for any candidates on any ground.
Academics & Experience:
- Dy. Manager (Finance): A candidate must be a CA/ICWA/MBA with specialization in Finance with at least 7 years relevant post qualification experience in a reputed organization in the areas related to Taxation, Treasury, Oil Accounting, General Accounting etc. Candidates with experience of working in large PSUs will have an added advantage.
- Workman (Chemical): A candidate must have passed Diploma in Chemical Engineering with minimum 5 years relevant experience in a large reputed Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer / Chemical Industry.
- Workman (Mechanical): A candidate must have passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years relevant experience in a large reputed Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer / Chemical Industry.
- Workman (Electrical): A candidate must have passed Diploma in Electrical Engineering with minimum 2 years relevant experience in a large reputed Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer / Chemical Industry.
- Workman (Instrumentation): A candidate must have passed Diploma in Instrumentation/ E&C Engineering with minimum 2 years relevant experience in a large reputed Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Fertilizer / Chemical Industry.
Mode of Application:
The applications will be accepted through prescribed format only as available at the website of MRPL at www.mrpl.co.in or as enclosed with the advertisement at http://www.mrpl.co.in/sites/default/files/WEB%20ADVT%20NO.pdf . No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
- As all these posts are meant for SC/ST candidates there is no application fee for any of these posts.
- The selection will be based on i) Written Test, and ii) Personal Interview (either or, both)
How To Apply:
- Logon to the website of MRPL at www.mrpl.co.in or at http://www.mrpl.co.in/sites/default/files/WEB%20ADVT%20NO.pdf and download the format of application form.
- Print the blank format on a Good quality paper and fill relevant details as required.
- Preview the entered details, edit if required
- Once you are ready with the Application, you can paste your photograph and put your signature at appropriate spaces.
- Attach all credential documents with the application and other necessary copies of certificate.
- Candidates must mention correct and active e-mail ID/Contact nos. for various communications.
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed with the name of the post being applied for.
- The candidates are required to send the complete application along with certificates with affixed photograph to the following address by Post / Courier so as to reach the address on or before the prescribed date (06-Jun-2014).
The Sr. Manager (HR)
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemical Limited
Post: Kuthethur, Mangalore – 575030
- Keep a photo copy of the application and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Keep a NOC from concerned employer in case the applicant is working in any Govt. Organization/PSU
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates.