Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) is the authority in the state for competent selection of candidature in various state government cadres. With its upcoming recruitment notification from the MPPSC, a notification has been released for recruiting 1646 Assistant Professors under Madhya Pradesh Education Service (College Branch).
The details of the job positions with the minimum basic eligibility criteria is detailed as under:
- Date of publication of notification: 09-July-2014
- Starting date of online registration: 21-July-2014 from 12 Noon onwards
- Final date for online registration of application: 20-Aug-2014 till midnight
- Dates for correction in already submitted application: from 31-July-2014 till 22-Aug-2014 (with extra payment for correction fees of Rs.50)
Name and Number of the vacancies: (Backlog + Fresh)
Assistant Professor (Backlog Vacancies): Total 742 Posts
- Physics: 57 Posts (SC-26, ST-27 out of which Women 16)
- Chemistry: 40 Posts (SC-04, ST-36 out of which Women 12)
- Zoology: 14 Posts (ST out of which 04 Women)
- Botany: 09 Posts (ST out of which 03 Women)
- Home Science: 27 Posts (SC-11, ST-16 out of which Women 08)
- Mathematics: 47 posts (SC-09, ST-38 out of which Women 14)
- Commerce: 90 Posts (SC-37, ST-53 out of which Women 27)
- Geography: 06 Posts (SC-03, ST-03 out of which Women 02)
- Hindi: 82 Posts (SC-30, ST-47, OBC-05 out of which Women 25)
- English: 99 Posts (SC-24, ST-58, OBC-17 out of which Women 29)
- Law: 29 Posts (SC-13, ST-14, OBC-02 out of which Women 09)
- Sociology: 57 Posts (SC-24, ST-33 out of which Women 17)
- Economics: 90 Posts (SC-24, ST-62, OBC-04 out of which Women 27)
- Political Science: 79 Posts (SC-24, ST-47, OBC-05 out of which Women 23)
- Urdu: 06 Posts (SC-03, ST-03 out of which Women 02)
- Music: 06 Posts (SC-03, ST-03 out of which Women 02)
- Philosophy: 06 Posts (SC-03, ST-03 out of which Women 02)
Assistant Professor (Fresh Vacancies): Total 904 Posts
- Physics: 76 Posts (UR-38, SC-12, ST-15, OBC-11 out of which Women 23)
- Chemistry: 70 Posts (UR-35, SC-11, ST-14, OBC-10 out of which Women 21)
- Zoology: 86 Posts (UR-43, SC-14, ST-17, OBC-12 out of which Women 26)
- Botany: 74 Posts (UR-37, SC-12, ST-15, OBC-10 out of which Women 23)
- Home Science: 02 Posts (UR-01, ST-01)
- Mathematics: 50 posts (UR-25, SC-08, ST-10, OBC-07 out of which Women 15)
- Commerce: 64 Posts (UR-32, SC-10, ST-13, OBC-09 out of which Women 20)
- Geography: 26 Posts (UR-13, SC-04, ST-05, OBC-04 out of which Women 08)
- Hindi: 36 Posts (UR-18, SC-06, ST-07, OBC-05 out of which Women 11)
- English: 56 Posts (UR-28, SC-09, ST-11, OBC-08 out of which Women 16)
- Law: 88 Posts (UR-44, SC-14, ST-18, OBC-12 out of which Women 27)
- Sociology: 18 Posts (UR-09, SC-03, ST-03, OBC-03 out of which Women 05)
- Economics: 64 Posts (SC-32, SC-10, ST-13, OBC-09 out of which Women 20)
- Pol. Science: 86 Posts (UR-43, SC-14, ST-17, OBC-12 out of which Women 26)
- Philosophy: 04 Posts (UR-02, SC-01, ST-01 out of which Women 01)
- History: 68 Posts (UR-34, SC-11, ST-14, OBC-09 out of which Women 20)
- Sanskrit: 36 Posts (UR-18, SC-06, ST-07, OBC-05 out of which Women 11)
- The reservation rules will only be applicable for the original domiciles of Madhya Pradesh state only
Pay Scale and Remuneration:
- The candidates selected for the positions of Assistant Professors will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-III at the rate of Scale Pay Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and Academic Grade Pay of Rs.6000.
- Other allowances and perks such as DA, Medical Allowances, Leave Encashment etc. will be as per rules of the state government.
Age of the candidates:
- The applicant must have obtained minimum 21 years and should not have exceeded 40 years of age as on 01-January-2015 to become eligible.
- However there is a relaxation in the upper age for the persons who are native domiciles of Madhya Pradesh only belonging to scheduled categories (SC/ ST) and OBC categories as per the state Govt. rules.
Educational Qualification (as on 15-July-2014):
The candidates interested for these posts must have completed:
- Post-Graduation in concerned subjects with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST).
- Must have completed NET (UGC) or SLET as conducted by Madhya Pradesh State OR, must have completed PhD in respective disciplines
- Candidates having PhD degree will not be required to be judged for NET/ SLET qualifications.
- Candidates having experience as Guest Lecturers will be awarded preference.
- For SC, ST, PWD and OBC Candidates from Madhya Pradesh: Rs.90
- For all others from the state and from other states: Rs.180
- Apart from this all candidates need to pay a portal fee of Rs.40
- The fees can be paid through Online mode or through any authorized Kiosks of MPOnline as per the detailed instructions (available at http://www.mppsc.nic.in or www.mponline.gov.in )
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done on a short-listing for Written Examination and through a Personal Interview as per the discretion of the MP Public Service Commission.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through Online Mode Only through the websites www.mponline.gov.in , www.mppsc.nic.in and www.mppsc.com
- The candidates need to read through the detailed Advertisement as available through the notification published at the above websites before applying.
- The candidates need to pay the requisite fees and should proceed with the filling of forms at the MPONLINE Kiosks
- The candidates have to upload their photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form.
- No other supporting documents are required to be uploaded during Online Submission of Application.
- The hardcopy of the application along with the fee payment details and the requisite certificates in support of their claims of eligibility, must be preserved with the candidates to be submitted during the Personal Interview.
- Address to contact in case of there is any discrepancy in Online Application:
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
Residency Area, Indore – 452001