Mizoram Board of School Education Successfully Imparting Education In The State
Mizoram being one of the smallest states of India having a large tribal population is the second state with highest literacy. The credit for this goes to Mizoram Board of School Education (MBSE). The MBSE is an autonomous body that has all powers to control, regulate and supervise school education in Mizoram.
History of MBSE
The MBSE was established under the Mizoram Board of School Education Act 1975 under the leadership of Ch. Chunga. The Mizoram Act No 2 was passed by the Legislative Assembly of Mizoram and the government was notified to exercise the powers over the schools. The MBSE started functioning effectively from 2nd December 1976.
Pattern of the Board
- Public examinations are conducted by Mizoram Board of Secondary examination for classes IV, VII, X and XII.
- Proficiency certification examination in vocal trades is conducted for vocational stream students at the end of 12th year schooling.
- Diploma in Teacher Education (D.T.E) is conducted for primary and middle school teachers of the state.
Administration of the Board
- Controlling Authority: The controlling authority of the Mizoram Board of Secondary Education is the secretary of the Government of Mizoram, Department of Education and Human resource Development Department.
- The Board: The board of Mizoram school education is the corporate body with perpetual succession and seal. The board has the power to acquire and transfer the properties in its possession. It also has the powers to enter into contracts in order to fulfill the objectives of the MBSE under section 3(3) of the MBSE act.
- The President: The president of the MBSE is a full time officer appointed on contact basis by the government of Mizoram. The contract is signed between the selected person and the state government. The duty of the president is to follow the section 15(1) & (4) of the MBSE act.
- Secretary: T he Secretary is a full time officer deployed the state government of Mizoram.
The President, Secretary, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) are all assisted by three Branch heads viz., The controller of examinations, deputy secretary and The Academic Director.
Objectives of MBSE
The Mizoram Board of School Education was established with a number of objectives and is striving hard for their achievement. The objectives of MBSE include
- To provide instructions to various courses including practical work, practice teaching etc., for primary, middle, higher secondary and high school (inclusive of both vocational stream and general stream) and District Institute of Education and Training.
- To recognize and affiliate institutions in order to raise the educational standards in the state of Mizoram.
- To frame and prescribe the examination conditions and conduct public examinations for class IV, VII, X XII and Preschool Teacher education annually and provide scholarships for class IV merit students.
- To update and prescribe the instructions for various courses prescribed by the board.
- To conduct various exams and declare results for the same.
- To provide certificates to the candidates on completion of courses.
- To prepare, publish and prescribe textbooks, guides for various courses prescribed by the board.
- To organize seminars on distinct topics and offer “in training” courses for teachers and administrators.
- To advise the state government in matters of development of school education.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>