Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (MESCOM) Recruitment 2014 for 346 Positions of Assistant Lineman (Male/ Female)
Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (MESCOM) is a power distribution company in the state of Karnataka serving seven of its districts. MESCOM has the sole responsibility for power distribution in 4 DISTRICTS that is Dakshina Kannada, Udupi, Shimoga, and Chickmagalur districts of Karnataka.
MESCOM covers an area of 26222 Sq. Km. serving a population of over 61 lakhs.
With the recent announcement from MESCOM, a corrigendum notice has been served with effect to the Notification No. MESCOM/ AGM (A)/ AO (A)/ ALM-RECT/ 2011-12/ 13680, published on 09-Dec-2011 for inviting Female candidates for the posts of Assistant Lineman. The Male candidates already applied for the positions need not apply again for these posts as their candidature will be considered valid for appointment. Applications from eligible candidates are being invited for various positions of Assistant Lineman as per the detailed mentioned hereunder.
· Date of publication of notification: 03-Mar-2014
· Date of Starting of Online Submission of Application: 15-Mar-2014
· Date of Closing of Online Registration of Application: 15-Apr-2014 till 17:00 Hrs
Details of the vacancies:
· For candidates possessing pass certificate of 18/24 months course in Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic trade from Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) as recognized by the Government of Karnataka: 216 Positions (SC-33, ST-7, GM-108, Cat-I-9, Cat-II-A-32, Cat-II-B-9, Cat-III-A-8, Cat-III-B-10 out of which General-128, Rural-57, Ex-Military-17, Kannada Medium-7 & Project Displaced-7)
· For candidates possessing pass certificate of 3 Years course in Lineman/Electrician trade from Industrial Training Centres (ITCs) as recognized by the KEB/ KPTCL: 130 Positions (SC-19, ST-04, GM-65, Cat-I-05, Cat-II-A-20, Cat-II-B-05, Cat-III-A-05, Cat-III-B-07 out of which General-68, Rural-33, Ex-Military-15, Kannada Medium-08 & Project Displaced-06)
- The rules of reservation for SC, ST, and others including women and PWD candidates are applicable as per the Govt. of Karnataka order no. EN 193 EEB 2012 dated 19-Jan-2013.
· The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.7950 – Rs.16790 along with other perks and allowances as applicable in Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited.
Criteria for Education:
· For Govt. of Karnataka recognized ITI Candidates: The applicants must have passed a certificate course of 18/24 months course in Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic trade.
· For the candidates who have undergone training (3 years) in KEB/KPTCL recognized ITCs: The applicants must have passed 10th (Matriculation) or equivalent examination with a 3 years Certificate course in Lineman/ Electrician trade.
· All applicants must have standard eyesight and physical fitness. The applicants should know Kannada thoroughly.
Minimum percentage of Marks:
· For General candidates: 60%
· For IIA, IIIA, IIIB: 55%
· For SC/ST and Cat-I: Pass Certificate
· The applicant must has obtained at least 18 years of age and should not have exceeded 35 years of age as on 11-Jan-2012 (as per the dates of previous notice).
· However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for privileged categories.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
· For SC, ST: Rs. 200 only
· For all others: Rs.400 only
· The payment can be made through a system generated bank challan in any branch of State Bank of India.
· The applicants have to submit separate application fees, if they desire for applying in more than one position.
· No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test, marks obtained in the qualifying examination and experience on a Merit list. The list will be prepared by the MESCOM for such a selection.
How to Apply:
· The candidates can apply only through the ONLINE MODE at the website of the MESCOM at http://mesco.in. No other mode of application will be accepted.
· The candidates are advised to read the detailed application requirement from the advertisement available at the website of MESCOM at http://mesco.in/alm/english-notif.pdf
· The candidates should ensure that their personal email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
· The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
· The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces
· The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.
· The candidates are advised to visit the website of MESCOM for future updates.