Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2014 For Armed Branch of Special Forces 10: Commandos/ Constables/ Driver/ Signal & Communication Staff/ Mechanics/ Followers Vacancies
With a mission to prevent crime, maintain public order, uphold justice, ensure the Rule of Law, and have honesty, integrity and fairness in all dealings, Meghalaya Police is committed to the safety and security of all the citizens in partnership with the people. Meghalaya Police Force is one of the most vital forces of the state with Special Armed Force within its cadre to combat, inter-state left-wing movements along with cross-border infiltration.
With the recent announcement from the Meghalaya Police, various vacancies need to be filled up through competent recruitment in the Armed Branch of Special Force-10 (SF-10). The candidates need to be domicile of Meghalaya in order to apply for the posts.
The details of the vacancies and the requisite criteria for application is detailed as follows:
- Starting date of availability of application form: 01-March-2014
- Last date for receipt of Application form: 01-April-2014
Details of Vacancies:
- Commandos/constables: 1200 Posts (180 Female)
- Mechanics: 08 Posts
- Buglers: 04 Posts
- Armourers: 04 Posts
- Signal/Communication Constables: 18 Posts
- Drivers: 40 Posts
- Followers (Only Males- breakup below): 60 Posts
- Cook – 30 Posts
- Barbers – 10 Posts
- Water carriers – 05 Posts
- Sweepers – 10 Posts
- Dhobi – 05 Posts
- For Matriculates & above: Rs.8300-Rs.16270 along with other admissible allowances
- For Non matriculates (Class IX Passed): Rs.7700-Rs.15020 plus other allowances as admissible
- For Followers: Rs.6500 – Rs.12700 along with other admissible allowances
- Non-Matriculates can only apply for Driver Posts.
- 1% (One percent) of the vacancies in the serial no 1 to 6 shall be filled up from candidates who have ‘specialized skills’ provided that they fulfil the basic qualifications and eligibility criteria as laid down for respective category of post.
- Candidates can apply for only one category of posts.
- Commandos/Constable: The candidates applying for this post must have passed at least Matriculation standard from any recognized board.
- Driver: The candidates applying for this post must have passed at least 9th standard from any recognized board and should have a valid HMV/ LMV Driving license.
- Mechanics: The candidates applying for this post must have passed Matriculation and should have experience as an Automobile Mechanic.
- Signal/Communication Staff: The candidates applying for this post must have passed 12th Standard (Intermediate) or equivalent.
- Followers: The candidates applying for this post must have passed 5th Standard (Class-V) or equivalent.
- For Followers: The candidates applying for these posts must have attained a minimum age of 18 years and should not have exceeded 27 years to be eligible to apply.
- For all other posts: The candidates applying for these posts must have attained a minimum age of 18 years and should not have exceeded 21 years to be eligible to apply.
- There will be 5 years of age relaxation in upper age limits for SC/ ST candidates belonging to Meghalaya
Mode of Selection:
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the following for category 1 and Category 2 of recruitment positions:
- Physical Efficiency Tests
- Written Examination
There will be test for special skills for jobs of drivers, mechanics and handyman like posts
- At every stage the performance of the candidates will be daily uploaded in the Meghalaya Police Website at http://megpolice.gov.in as well as the notice boards.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply in the prescribed format.
- The candidates can purchase application on payment of Rs.50 at the concerned offices
- The applications will be available from 01-Mar-2014 onwards at
- Offices of all District Superintendents of Police
- Office of the Commandants of MLP Battalions
- Office of the Principal, PTS Mawroh Shillong
All applications properly filled up must reach the below mentioned address before the scheduled date (i.e. 01-April-2014):
Addl. Director General of Police (TRG) – Cum Chairman
Central Recruitment Board
Important Notification regarding recruitment:
- On the spot temporary admit cards with barcodes and names of candidates and post applied for and dates and venue of recruitment will be given to the applying candidates.
- Dates and venue for personal interviews will be indicated later.
One must refer to official advertisement here http://megpolice.gov.in/recruitments/stfconst_recruitment_advertisements.pdf
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>