MECON Limited Announces Recruitment Opportunity For Management Trainee (Technical) Through Gate-2013
MECON Limited, A Central PSU under Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India, headquartered at Doranda, Ranchi in Jharkhand State is a well recognized public sector enterprise. MECON Limited as India’s frontline engineering, consultancy and contracting organization, offers excellent opportunities to energetic, vibrant, ambitious young Engineering Graduates in its various core sector of operation.
MECON is a multi- disciplinary firm with 1285 experienced & dedicated Engineers, Scientists and Technologists, having a network of offices spread all over the country, experienced in handling consultancy assignments and EPC Projects. With a vision to build an organization with a competent, stable, well-led human capital to have major competitive advantage, it aims to create, maintain and enhance the knowledge base of the organization to meet business challenges.
Mecon nurtures a strong policy in the light of increased manpower costs and ensures that competent people manage critical positions. With this need to be at a competitive edge with the strategic advantages of having good human resources, MECON invites competent applications from Graduate Engineers in Mechanical & Civil disciplines for the post of Management Trainee Technical (MTT).
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Name of the Position: Management Trainee Technical (MTT)
Number of Vacancies:
- Management Trainee Technical (Mechanical) – 25 numbers
- Management Trainee Technical (Civil) – 15 numbers
- Out of the total vacancies reservations will be there for SC-6 posts, ST-3 posts, OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 10 posts and PWD-1 posts
Disciplines of Engineers:
- MTT Mechanical – Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MTT Civil – Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions
- Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Starting date for receipt of GATE-2013 Application – 1st of September 2012
- Last date for online submission of Application – 30th of September 2012
- GATE-2013 Online Examination – 20th of January 2013
- GATE-2013 Offline Examination – 10th of February 2013
For MECON MTT -2013:
- Candidates will have to separately apply online in MECON indicating their GATE -2013 Registration Number for which the online application system will be activated on 15th of January 2013
- Last date for filing online application: 14th of February 2013
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations on full time mode and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 65% for General, and 55% marks for SC, ST candidates in aggregate of all years/ semesters.
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 26 years as on 31st of March 2013
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category (3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ ST and 5 years additional if the candidate belongs to PWD category)
Training, Probation & Emoluments:
- The selected candidates will be appointed as Management Trainee (Technical) and will be placed on the job training for one year.
- During training, Basic Pay of Rs 20,600/- in the scale of pay of Rs.20600-Rs.46500 will be paid.
- In addition to Basic Pay and DA (IDA pattern), the candidates will be eligible for subsidized accommodation (or HRA), and Perks & allowances as admissible under Cafeteria Approach
- The CTC compensation package would be around Rs 7.25 lakhs per annum
- After successful completion of one year on the job training, the trainees will be designated as Asst. Design Engineer in E-1 grade and will be placed on probation for a period of one year
- On satisfactory completion of probation period, they will be confirmed in the post of Asst. Design Engineer in E-1 grade
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of MTT in the above disciplines will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
Service Conditions and Bond:
- There is no Service Bond
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with MECON needs to be medically fit as per MECON’s pre-employment medical standard
- No relaxation in health standards is allowed
- Detailed medical norms are available on the website www.meconlimited.co.in
Candidates are required to pay non-refundable fees, through a crossed Demand Draft drawn on any of the scheduled banks payable at Ranchi in favor of ‘MECON LIMITED’. No other form of fee payment is allowed.
- General/ OBC – Rs.1000
- SC/ST – Rs.250
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances and there will not be any other mode of payment of registration fee
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in MECON indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the HR & Career section of MECON website at www.meconlimited.co.in
- While applying Online, candidate should keep the scanned copy of their passport size color photograph, signature and other essential certificates (if applicable) in JPEG format not exceeding 500 KB size each
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview
- Candidates presently employed in Government Departments/ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies will need to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview
- The candidates are requested to send the self attested copy of the application slip along with the demand draft through speed post /courier to the following address:
Personnel Department, MECON Limited
Vivekananda Path, Doranda
Ranchi – 834002, Jharkhand
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from MECON here http://www.meconlimited.co.in/career_files/Mecon%20Gate%20detailed%20info.pdf