Brihan Mumbai Nagar Palika (Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai) Clerk Recruitment 2014
The Mumbai Metropolis has a historic tradition of strong civic activism dedicated to the cause of a better life for all its citizens. And it’s the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM), the primary agency responsible for urban governance in Greater Mumbai. From the time of its establishment in 1882 as India’s first municipal corporation, numerous non-political groups, NGO’s and organizations of citizens have worked closely with the civic body in the fields of education, public health, creation of urban amenities, art and culture, heritage conservation, etc. MCGM is one of the largest local governments in the Asian continent.
With the recent notification from the MCGM, applications are being invited against vacancies for 942 Positions of Clerks through recruitment notification 2014. The applications are invited through Online mode and the candidates can log in to the web portal of MCGM to apply for these posts.
The details of the conditions for this departmental examination are briefed as under:
Name of the Posts: Clerks in MCGM
- Starting date for registration of Online Application form: 14-Mar-2014
- Last date for registration of Online Application form: 03-Apr-2014
- Last date for payment of Online Application fee (through Challan): 05-Apr-2014
Number of Vacancies: 942 Vacancies
- Reservation will be applicable for various categories as per the MCGM norms as follows:
- Unreserved: 619 Posts
- SC: 164 Posts
- ST: 11 Posts
- Other reserved category: 148 Posts
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The selected candidates selected as Clerks will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 as per the MCGM norms.
- Minimum 18 years – 33 years Maximum as on 03-Apr-2014 (For General candidates)
- Upper age limit will be relaxed reserved category of candidates as per the MCGM norms.
- The candidates applying for the positions should have passed Higher Secondary (Madhyamik) or any equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates should also have obtained a qualification in Computer Literacy through a competent certificate from DOEACC ‘O’ or ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘C’ levels.
- The candidates should have studied Marathi & English as a paper in their educational subjects.
- For Unreserved category: Rs.400
- For Reserved categories: Rs. 200
- For Ex-Serviceman categories: Fees Exempted
- The payment should be made in State Bank of India (any branch) through the system generated fee payment challan.
- The payment can also be remitted through Online Net banking facility
- No other mode of fee payment will however be accepted.
- The candidates applying for the jobs must pass through the written examination in Marathi language on the designated date through Online Mode.
- The selection will be made on the basis of results of written examination.
- Knowledge of Marathi Typewriting will be required for these posts.
- There will be no Personal Interview for these posts.
How to Apply:
- The applicants have to apply through Online mode of application as available at the web site of MCGM at http://portal.mcgm.gov.in
- The applicants are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at the same website.
- All information should be filled as requested in the application form
- The candidates need to upload their signature and scanned photographs at the designated spaces
- Application form must be filled with facts only
- Please do not send any hardcopy of any copy of certificates at this time. One copy of the application along with fee payment challan may be kept for future reference.
- The Application Form Number is vital and you must keep that for reference
- The decision of the MCGM will be final and binding on the candidates
- No form of personification or canvassing will be excused.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>