Mazagon Dock Limited invites applications from interested and eligible candidates for the posts of Technical Staff and Operatives in various trades in skilled grades for appointment on Permanent Basis.
Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of six months. Selected Technical Staff and Operatives are required to work on production related work/outfitting work as per production norms and multi trade policies.
Name of the Positions along with Number of Vacancies Advertised: Technical Staff and Operatives – 468 Vacancies
Skilled Grade-I (IDA-5)
Jr. QC Inspector (NDT-Mechanical), Sr. Medical Assistant, Driver-Vehicle, Jr. Draughtsman (Mechanical), Jr. Planner Estimator (Mechanical), Jr. Planner Estimator (Elec./Elecr.), Jr. QC Inspector (Mechanical), Jr. QC Inspector (Electrical), Structural Fabricator, Fitter, Pipe Fitter, Electrician, Electric Crane Operator, Electronic Mechanic, Painter, Carpenter, Machinist, Brass Finisher, Compressor Attendant, Millwright Mechanic, Composite Welder, Rigger
Semi-Skilled Gr-III (IDA-4A)
Semi Skilled Grade-I (IDA-2)
Fire Fighter, Chipper Grinder
Most Important Date: Last Date for Receipt of Application: 20-December-2016
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 33 years as on 01-April-2016. However, relaxation in upper age limit applicable as per government rules.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
- For Junior QC Inspector, Junior Planner Estimator Posts: Candidates must have passed SSC/ HSC, with full time three years Diploma with aggregate 55% marks or full time Degree with pass class in relevant engineering discipline from government recognized Technical Board/ University.
- For Junior Draughtsman (Mechanical) , Structural Fabricator , Fitter , Pipe Fitter , Electrician, Electric Crane Operator, Electronic Mechanic , Painter, Carpenter, Machinist , Brass Finisher , Compressor Attendant Posts: Candidates must have passed SSC or equivalent examination, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate in the relevant trade.
- For Composite Welder Post: Candidates must have passed VIII standards, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate in the trade of Welder/ Welder (Gas & Electric).
- For Rigger Post: Candidates must have passed VIII standard, and have National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) in the trade of Rigger/ Fitter.
- Note: Candidates should have minimum 2 years experience in a shipbuilding industry in the respective trades.
- FOR complete detail on minimum eligibility criteria, candidates are strongly suggested to go through official recruitment notification.
The candidates appointed in Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5) category will be placed at a Basic Pay of Rs.7500/- per month in the IDA Pay Scale Rs.7500-22430/-.
The candidates appointed in Semi-Skilled Gr-III (IDA-4A) category will be placed at a Basic Pay of Rs.7250/- per month in the IDA Pay Scale Rs.7250-21630/-.
The candidates appointed in Semi-Skilled Gr-I (IDA-2) category will be placed at a Basic Pay of Rs.6000/- per month in the IDA Pay Scale Rs.6000-19500/-.
Selected candidates will be entitled to industrial DA, HRA, CPF, and other allowances as per company norms.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test followed by interview for Junior Planner Estimator (Mechanical), Junior QC Inspector (Mechanical), and Junior Draughtsman (Mechanical) posts.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Interview followed by trade test for all other posts.
Processing Fees: Rs. 100/- + Bank charges of Rs.40/-
- SC, ST, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from paying any fees.
- Applicants are suggested to deposit the fee at any nearest branch of State Bank of India(SBI) by using challan form only.
How to Apply: Interested candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions should apply through prescribed format of application as downloaded/ printed from the website of Mazagon Dock Limited at www.mazagondock.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification available here, Mazagon Dock Limited Permanent Recruitment 2016-17 For Skilled Technical Staff and Operatives
- The candidates should enclose their application along with all supporting documents and certificate copies and send that to the following address so as to reach by 20-December-2016.
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “AD No – 84 & “APPLICATION FOR THE POST :- ____ against Permanent Vacancies”.
- The application should be send by Post or Courier only.
- Address to send the completed application:
DGM (HR-Rec.-NE), Recruitment Cell, Service Block- 3rd Floor, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010
Note: The list of eligible candidates, will be displayed on our website www.mazdock.com under the head “Career- Non -Executives” and sub head “ List of Eligible Candidates for Written Test – AD No. 84” as well as Company’s notice board on 03/01/2017 along with Date & Time of Written Test.