As a premier shipyard of India, Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is delivering its services for construction of warships as well as offshore platforms for the requirement of the nation. Main activities of MDL are ship building, ship repairs and fabrication of offshore structures. The MDL has its facilities situated at Mumbai and Nhava. With a construction capability up to 30,000 DWT to build warships, submarines, merchant ships and fabrication of well-head platforms, process and production platforms and jack-up rigs, MDL has proven its abilities as a premier shipyard in India. For outfitting work, the company has a large number of workshops with sophisticated equipments and machines specific to hull-fabrication and ship construction work.
With the present initiative from Mazagon Dock Limited, a notice has been served for induction of Trade Apprentice in various disciplines in three groups. There will be Group ‘A’ for matriculation passed (SSC), Group ‘B’ for ITI passes and Group ‘C’ for 8th class pass candidates. The Group A will be engaged for a period of 3 years of Apprentice training, where as Group B will be engaged for a period of 1 or 2 years and Group C apprentice will be engaged for a period of 2 years of Apprentice Training.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility to participate in this recruitment are detailed as under:
Nature of Recruitment: Trade Apprentice for the year 2014
- Date of availability of Application Form: 19-June till 30-June-2014
(From 9:00 to 13:00 hours on Monday to Friday and 9:00-16:00 on Saturday)
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application: 11-July-2014
- Date of publication of schedules for Written Test: 28-July-2014
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 01-October-2014
Details of vacancies and Trades:
Group A – SSC Pass [The applicants must have passed 10th standard/ Matriculation in the first attempt with General Mathematics and Science subjects and with minimum 50% marks (pass mark for SC/ST categories)]
- Draftsman: 20 Posts (UR-12, OBC-05, SC-02, ST-01)
- Electrician: 21 Posts (UR-13, OBC-05, SC-02, ST-01)
- Fitter: 43 Posts (UR-25, OBC-11, SC-04, ST-03)
- Pipe Fitter: 28 Posts (UR-17, OBC-07, SC-02, ST-02)
- Structural Fitter: 23 Posts (UR-14, OBC-06, SC-02, ST-01)
Group B – ITI Pass [The candidates must have passed ITI with the first attempt in concerned trades and with minimum of 50% marks (pass for SC/ST)]
- Painter (General): 15 Posts (UR-09, OBC-04, SC-01, ST-01)
- Electronic Mechanic: 15 Posts (UR-09, OBC-04, SC-01, ST-01)
- Carpenter: 15 Posts (UR-09, OBC-04, SC-01, ST-01)
- Fitter-Structural: 30 Posts (UR-18, OBC-08, SC-02, ST-02)
Group C – 8th Pass [The candidate must have passed 8th standard under 10+2 system with the first attempt and with minimum of 50% marks (pass for SC/ST)]
- Rigger: 43 Posts (UR-25, OBC-11, SC-04, ST-03)
- Welder (General/ Electric): 42 Posts (UR-24, OBC-11, SC-04, ST-03)
- Candidates having ITI pass as qualification WILL NOT BE considered for Group ‘A’ and Group ‘C’ posts
- ITI candidates other than the concerned trades need not apply
- Group A Posts: The applicants selected for these posts will be offered a consolidated stipend of Rs.2100 per month in the 1st year, Rs.2400 per month in the 2nd year and Rs.2800 per month in the 3rd year of training.
- Group B Posts:
- The applicants selected for the posts of Painter and Electronic Mechanic will be offered a consolidated stipend of Rs.2800 per month during their 1 year training period.
- The applicants selected for the posts of Carpenter and Fitter-Structural will be offered a consolidated stipend of Rs.2400 per month during their 1st year of training period and Rs.2800 per month during their 2nd year of training period.
- Group C Posts: The applicants selected for these posts of will be offered a consolidated stipend of Rs.2100 per month during their 1st year of training period and Rs.2400 per month during their 2nd year of training period.
Period of Training:
- Group A Posts: 3 years Training
- Group B Posts: 1 year training for Painter (General) and Electronic Mechanic Trades and 2 years for Carpenter and Fitter-Structural disciplines
- Group C Posts: 2 years Training
Age Provisions (as on 01-October-2014):
- Group A Posts: The applicants must be aged between minimum 15 years and maximum 19 years for General category with appropriate relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates
- Group B Posts: The applicants must be aged between minimum 16 years and maximum 21 years for General category with appropriate relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates
- Group C Posts: The applicants must be aged between minimum 14 years and maximum 18 years for General category with appropriate relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates
Application Form & Fees:
- The Application Forms will be made available at the Gate No.9, Alcock Yard, Mazagon Dock Ltd with cash deposit of Rs. 50 only for all candidates except SC/ST/PWD
- SC, ST, and PWD candidates can obtain the form free of cost with production of competent certificates. They are also exempted from paying any fees.
- All candidates other than SC/ST/PWD will have to remit a fee of Rs.50 through Demand Draft in favor of “Mazagon Dock Limited” payable in Mumbai as application fee.
- The applicants may also download the application from the website of Mazagon Dock Limited at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in and remit the application form cost of Rs.50 (wherever applicable) through a separate Demand Draft.
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions should apply through prescribed format of application as downloaded/ printed from the website of Mazagon Dock Limited at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in
- Before filing the application form the candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification as available at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in/newsite2010/pdfs/career_june14/selection_trade_apprentices_year_2014.pdf
- The candidates should enclose their application along with all supporting documents and certificate copies and send that to the following address so as to reach by 11-July-2014 at the address mentioned:
- Any wrong, misleading information may result in rejection of candidature
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of Trade Apprentice – Trade : ____________”
- Address to send the completed application:
The Dy. Gen Manager
Apprentice Training School
Gate No. 9, Alcock Yard, Mazagon Dock Limited
Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010