As a premier shipyard of India, Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is delivering its services for construction of warships as well as offshore platforms for the requirement of the nation. Main activities of MDL are ship building, ship repairs and fabrication of offshore structures. The MDL has its facilities situated at Mumbai and Nhava. With a construction capability up to 30,000 DWT to build warships, submarines, merchant ships and fabrication of well-head platforms, process and production platforms and jack-up rigs, MDL has proven its abilities as a premier shipyard in India. For outfitting work, the company has a large number of workshops with sophisticated equipments and machines specific to hull-fabrication and ship construction work.
With the present initiative from Mazagon Dock Limited, a notice has been served for induction of Skilled and Semi-Skilled technicians in the disciplines of Engine Driver 2nd Class, Pipe Fitter & Fire Fighters.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility to participate in this recruitment rally are detailed as under:
Mode of Recruitment: Contractual only for a maximum period of 2 years from the date of joining
- Date of announcement of Notification: 30-Oct-2013
- Last date for receipt of completed application: 19-Nov-2013
- Date of publication of Notice for Interview Schedule: 22-Nov-2013 (onwards)
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 01-Nov-2013
Details of vacancies and Trades:
Total: 45 posts (UR-28, OBC-11, SC-03, ST-03)
Skilled Grade-II (IDA-6):
- Engine Driver Class-II: 01 Post (UR)
Skilled Grade-I (IDA-5):
- Pipe Fitter: 25 posts (UR-15, OBC-06, SC-02, ST-02)
Semi-Skilled Grade-I (IDA-2):
- Fire Fighter: 19 posts (UR-12, OBC-05, SC-01, ST-01)
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Engine Driver Class-II: The applicant must have Certificate of competency (Engine Driver 2nd Class) issued by Maharashtra Maritime Board/Mercantile Marine Dept. Must know Swimming. The applicants must have Minimum 2 years experience as Engine Driver 2nd Class. OR, Ex-serviceman from Indian Navy of Engineering branch having 15 years of experience and holding Class-II Engine Driver Qualified Certificate from MMB/MMD.
- Pipe Fitter: The applicant must have passed SSC along with National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination in the trade of “Pipe Fitter”/ or Plumber (with 1 year if experience in ship-building work). Plumber Certificate holders without experience may be considered for Trainee Pipe Fitter positions (for other criteria, please refer the detailed advertisement at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in/newsite2010/pdfs/career_oct13/Advertisement_No_68.pdf.
- Fire Fighter: The applicant must have passed SSC along with Diploma / Certificate in Fire Fighting of minimum six months duration from a Govt. recognized institute. Candidates must possess a valid Heavy Duty Vehicle License.
- The applicants for Pipe Fitter/ Fire Fighter should be between 18 to 33 years as on 1-Nov-2013.
- The applicants for Engine Driver Second Class should be between 18 to 45 years as on 1-Nov-2013.
- Upper age limit is relaxable as per norms for SC, ST, OBC and Ex-SM candidates.
The selected candidates will be allowed pay as per the criteria for Mazagon Dock Limited
- Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5) – Basic pay of Rs.7500 per month
- Skilled Gr-II (IDA-6) – Basic pay of Rs.8000 per month
- Semi Skilled Gr-I (IDA-2) – Basic pay of Rs.6000 per month
- Rs. 100 only
- SC, ST, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The fees can be remitted through Demand Draft in favor of “Mazagon Dock Limited” payable in Mumbai
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions should apply through prescribed format of application as downloaded/ printed from the website of Mazagon Dock Limited at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification available at http://www.mazagondock.gov.in/newsite2010/pdfs/career_oct13/Advertisement_No_68.pdf, before applying for these posts.
- The candidates should enclose their application along with all supporting documents and certificate copies and send that to the following address so as to reach by 19-Nov-2013 at the address mentioned:
- Any wrong, misleading information may result in rejection of candidature
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “Post Applied For : ____________”
- The application should be send by Post or Courier only
- Address to send the completed application:
The DGM (REC-NE), Recruitment Cell
Service Block- 3rd Floor
Mazagon Dock Limited
Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>