With the implementation of New Educational Policy, right of a child for compulsory and free Primary Education has been fortified through various programs under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. In this connection, maintaining uniform standard of teaching has been greatly emphasized in the country. It is further rationalized that the persons, who will be joining as teachers, should possess minimum academic qualifications and must obtain required distinction through a common comprehensive eligibility test for appointment of teachers. Accordingly NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), New Delhi has laid down norms for Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) at the center and which is followed by each state individually for conduction of Teacher Eligibility Test for Primary, Upper-Primary and High-School levels.
The Maharashtra State Council of Examinations, Pune has been entrusted to act as the Nodal Agency and conduct TET for selection of competent candidates for Teaching Jobs in schools at two basic standards of education (i.e. Class-I to Class-V and Class-VI to Class-VIII).
The details of the criteria for the Application for MahaTET-2014 are as follows:
- Date of publication of advertisement: 30-Sept-2014
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 01-Oct-2014
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 22-Oct-2014
- Date for payment of Application Fees: 01-Oct till 27-Oct-2014
- Last date for Receipt of Confirmation Page at District Education Office: 01-Oct till 30-Oct-2014
- Checking of Application status by the candidates and complaints: 01-Nov till 10-Nov-2014
- Availability of Admit Card: 20-Nov-2014 till 08-Dec-2014
- Date of examination: 14-Dec-2014
Structure of Examination:
There will be two papers of the MahaTET.
- Paper I: For aspirants who intend to be a teacher for Class-I to Class-V
- Paper II: For aspirants who intend to be a teacher for Class-VI to Class-VIII
Note: Any aspirant who intends to be a teacher either for Class-I to V or for Class-VI to VIII will have to appear in both papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Validity Of TET:
- The Validity Period of MahaTET qualifying certificate will be for seven (7) years for all categories form the date of award of certificate.
- There will be no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a MahaTET Certificate.
- A person who has qualified MahaTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
For would be Teachers of Class-I to Class-V:
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in Higher Secondary Education (10+2) along with 2 years DTED program / OR / Should have completed Higher Secondary education with 45% marks as per NCERT norms along with completion of 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education / OR / should have completed Higher Secondary education with at least 50% marks along with completion of 4 years course in Bachelor of Elementary Education / OR / should have completed any equivalent education.
For would be Teachers of Class-VI to Class-VIII:
- Candidates should have secured a University Degree along with 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education / OR / Should have completed Degree education with 45% marks along with completion of 1 year Bachelor of Education / OR / should have completed Higher Secondary education with at least 50% marks along with completion of 4 years course in Bachelor of Elementary Education / OR / should have completed Higher Secondary education with at least 50% marks along with completion of 4 years course in BA/BScEd Or, BAEd/ BScEd / OR / should have completed any equivalent education.
- A person who has acquired the academic and professional qualifications specified in the Government of Maharashtra Resolution dated 13 Feb. 2013 is eligible to apply for the MahaTET-2014.
- A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses can also apply provided he/she is eligible as per the Government of Maharashtra Resolution dated 13 Feb. 2013.
- No upper age limit
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates are free to apply as many times as they want. No such restrictions imposed.
Award of Certificate:
- A person who secures 60% or above marks in MahaTET examination will be considered TET pass and will be awarded a certificate in this effect.
- A person belonging to SC, ST, VJ, NT, OBC, differently-abled persons, who scores 55% or more in the TET exam will be considered as TET pass.
- For Open, OBC, SBC and VJ/NT Category: Rs.500 (for any one paper) and Rs.800 (for both papers)
- For SC/ST/PH/VH Category: Rs.250 (for any one paper) and Rs.400 (for both papers)
- The application fees can only be paid in shape of a Bank Challan, in any branch of State Bank of India, which can be downloaded from the website http://mahatet.in/
- Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
How to Apply:
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the MAHATET at http://mahatet.in/
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above website at http://mahatet.in/TETAPP/Intructions.aspx or at http://mahatet.in/ or at http://mahatet.in/gr/TETEXAM2013_GR_13feb.pdf
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload his photo and signature at appropriate spaces on Online Application
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application and send that along with fee payment receipts and relevant certificates to the address of The Commissioner(MSCE), at the addresses mentioned below and should reach before the last date specified
- The Application Form and other documents should be enclosed in an envelope and should be super-scribed with the post applying for before sending.
- Address to send completed application form:
The Commissioner (MSCE)
Maharashtra State Council of Examinations,
17, Dr. Ambedkar Road,
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all papers. The candidate who does not appear in any paper will not be permitted to appear in the next paper.
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>