Like any other specific departments of a state, the Home department is one of the most versatile departments entrusted with maintenance of law and order in the state. The Prisons department comes under the Home Ministry and is a vital department as far as the judiciary is concerned. Maharashtra Prison Department comprises of 9 Central Jails, 28 District Jails, 5 Open Jails, 1 Open colony and 172 Sub-Jails. There are two separate Prisons for women at Pune and Mumbai. There is one Open prison for women at Pune. Maharashtra Prison Department has its Head Quarter at Pune and State Training Center at Yerawada, Pune.
With the recent notification the Addl. Director General of Police & IG-Prisons of the Government of Maharashtra has invited competent applications from eligible candidates through Online mode, for filling up 541 positions of Jail Sepoy & 48 Positions of Clerks in various jails of Maharashtra.
The details of the vacancies and the minimum eligibility criteria for selection is detailed as under:
- Starting date of registration of Online Application: 06-Jan-2014
- Closing date for registration of Online Application: 27-Jan-2014
- Last date for payment of application fees at bank: 29-Jan-2014
- Final submission of Online Application after payment of fees: 31-Jan-2014
Name of the Job Position:
- Southern Division: 111 Posts
- Western Division: 126 Posts
- Central Division: 201 Posts
- Eastern Division: 103 Posts
- Southern Division: 12 Posts
- Western Division: 09 Posts
- Central Division: 11 Posts
- Eastern Division: 16 Posts
- As per the regulations of the State Governemnt, the reservation in the above mentioned posts will be applicable for Ex-SM, Project Affected family members, Earthquake affected family members, Sportspersons, Women and PWDs along with the SC/ ST/ OBC and others.
- Jail Sepoy: The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary/ 10+2 standard or equivalent to be eligible to apply for these positions.
- Clerks: The candidates must have passed SSC, 10th standard or equivalent. They should have Typing Speed of 30 wpm in Marathi and 40 wpm in English and should have a valid certificate in this effect.
- All applicants should have sound knowledge of Marathi (both reading and writing along with speaking)
- Jail Sepoy: The applicants must have obtained 18 years and should not have crossed 25 years of age as on 01-Jan-2014.
- Clerks: The applicants must have obtained 18 years and should not have crossed 33 years of age as on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for privileged categories as per rules.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- Jail Sepoy: The candidates selected for the position will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 along with a grade pay of Rs.2000 and a special allowance of Rs.500 per month.
- Clerks: The candidates selected for the position will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 along with a grade pay of Rs.1900 per month.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the state government norms.
- The interested candidates will have to submit a fee during submission of Online application.
- For Reserved category candidates (natives of Maharashtra only): Rs.250
- For all others: Rs.500
- The candidates can remit the fees in the prescribed fee payment challan as available at the website of Maharashtra Prisons and should be submitted in any Branch of State Bank of India within the last date notified (29-Jan-2014)
- The fees can also be paid online in the MKCL website
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates for the positions will be on the basis of a written test, followed by a Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test and Typing Skill Test
- The scores in these examinations will be the base standard for merit selection of candidates.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply Online only through the portal of Prison Department at www.mahaprisons.gov.in or at the MKCL at http://oasis.mkcl.org/dig
- The applicants are requested to go through the detailed application as available at www.mahaprisons.gov.in/Recruitment_Advt_2013_Sepoy_and__Clerk..pdf, before applying online
- The applicants are requested to fill in all details as per the facts
- The scanned photographs and signatures should be uploaded at appropriate speces.
- Any sort of discrepancy or the misleading information will result in disqualification of the candidature.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>