LIC GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE ECONOMICALLY WEAKER FAMILIES FOR PURSUING HIGHER STUDIES
Target Students: All those students who belong to economically weaker section of the community and having a desire to pursue higher studies
Last date for application: 30th of August 2012
Objective of this Scholarship:
The LIC is a leading insurance provider from the government of India. It aims at awarding scholarships to support those students who belong to economically weaker sections of the community and still have a zeal for excel in their studies in spite of their social and economical conditions. In order to propose them opportunities, for further education, and thereby enhancing their employment opportunities is the main aim of this scheme.
Scope of Golden Jubilee Scholarship:
The scheme is going to cover all vocational and technical courses in Industrial Training Centres or industrial Training institutes affiliated with NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training) or graduation level classes. The studies in Indian private or government university or college is going to be rewarded with this scheme’s scholarship.
Who can apply for this:
All the students who have cleared their exam of class 12 or equivalent to it in the 2011-12 Academic year, and are keen in pursuing higher enlightenment in the streams of –
- Engineering, Medicine, graduation in any field of studies, Diploma or its equivalent.
This is applicable for candidates who have cleared 10+2 exam or equivalent in 2011-12 with a minimum of 60%. The total annual income of the family should not cross the limit of Rs.1 lakh.
- Vocational course from Government recognised Institutes/ colleges or Industrial Training Institute courses.
This is applicable to candidates who have completed class-X exams or equivalent and have scored a minimum of 60% in 2011-12 academic sessions. This is further subjected to the annual income ceiling of the family.
Duration of Scholarship:
The students are entitled to receive scholarship for the complete course duration. However, it is necessary for the candidates to fulfil the required eligibility for renewal of scholarship on an annual basis.
The selected candidate will be rewarded with Rs.1 Lakh per annum which would be paid in 10 monthly instalments of 1 thousand rupees each. The amount of scholarship would be transferred to the account of the candidate via NEFT. Thus it is necessary for students to intimate the details of Bank Account and IFSC code to the authorities.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship Scheme:
- Students who have secured 60% or equivalent in their eligibility examination and whose family annual income is limited to the ceiling of Rs.1 lakh would be considered for reward of this scholarship.
- LIC Scholar selection would be based on merit and background of the family such as percentage and annual income. Eligible students with the lowest annual income would be given more preference thus continuing in an ascending order.
- It is compulsory for student to secure a minimum of 50% in graduation exam of any stream and 55% in professional examination. Failing to secure the minimum marks would lead to discontinuation of the scholarship.
- Only one student from a family will be awarded this scholarship.
- Regular attendance as decided by the competent authority of the university, school or institute is compulsory for students.
- The students have to produce an income certificate for the family in a non-judicial stamp paper as a self-declaration and supported by documentary evidence. For employed parents certificates issued by the employer on such a stamp paper will be eligible for consideration.
- Violation of any rules and regulations or the terms and conditions of the scholarship would lead to cancellation of the scholarship at any stage.
- If in any case it is found that there is a wrong or misleading declaration made by the student for availing such scholarship, the entire amount will be recovered at judgement of the concerned LIC Divisional Administration.
- The detailed procedure for sanctioning and processing of scholarships for students would be as per the decision of the Golden jubilee Foundation of LIC (LICGJF).
- The scheme is subject to evaluation by LICGJF regularly at certain interval.
- LICGJF Board Trustees retain the right to alter the regulations at any point of time.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The applications are invited from competent and eligible applicants through online mode only.
- The acknowledgement of the online application would be sent to the email id as provided by the candidates during the time of application.
- Divisional Office would make further correspondence through the email or the address mentioned by the candidates.
- The candidates are requested to offer appropriate email id and phone number for receiving prompt communication from LIC.
- At this stage, IFSC code and Bank Account details of candidates are not compulsory.
For more detail please refer to http://www.licindia.in/GJF_scholarship.htm