The Government of India as per its New Educational Policy envisages to maintain uniform standards of teaching in the country. The candidates besides possessing minimum academic qualifications are required to qualify in a comprehensive test specifically conducted for the purpose of obtaining eligibility for appointment as Lecturers/ Assistant Professors. Accordingly UGC, New Delhi has been conducting the UGC-NET Examination regularly. As the State Governments were given an option to conduct their own State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), the University of Mysore was identified as the Nodal Agency to conduct Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for eligibility for Lectureship in colleges in Karnataka. Candidates who qualify the KSET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers (Assistant Professors) of the concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided / Private) in Karnataka State.
The UGC has identified the University of Mysore as the State Agency for Karnataka to conduct the State Eligibility Test (KSET) in Karnataka for 32 subjects at eleven (11) nodal centers spread across the Karnataka state for the year 2014.
The details of the criteria for the Application for K-SET-2013 are as follows:
Subjects of the SET: For details log on to the website of K-SET at http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Date of Notification: 20-June-2014
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 01-July-2014
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 31-July-2014
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application with late fee of Rs.100: 14-August-2014
- Last Date for Submission of hardcopy of Online Application with other documents: 01-Sept-2014
- Date of examination: 30-November-2014
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD (VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and without rounding off in Masters Degree courses.
- Candidates who have appeared or are still pursuing the final year of Masters Degree in related subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing or whose results are awaited in Masters Degree courses provided they could be able to submit their Master’s Degree Completion Certificate with the minimum percentage of marks as specified. (eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing minimum percentage of marks)
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of results).
- Candidates shall appear to the K-SET in the subject of their post-graduation (Masters Degree) only
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
- No specific upper age limit for appearing in KSET
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates are free to apply as many times as they want. No such restrictions imposed.
Subjects of KSET & Medium of Languages for Examination:
Candidates can apply for any of the following 32 subjects as indicated by UGC
- Commerce: English & Kannada medium only
- Kannada: Kannada medium only
- Economics: English & Kannada medium only
- English: English medium only
- Political Science: English & Kannada medium only
- History: English & Kannada medium only
- Sociology: English & Kannada medium only
- Geography: English & Kannada medium only
- Hindi: Hindi medium only
- Management: English & Kannada medium only
- Tourism and Administration: English & Kannada medium only
- Education: English & Kannada medium only
- Library & Information Science: English medium only
- Mass Communication & Journalism: English & Kannada medium only
- Psychology: English & Kannada medium only
- Social Work: English & Kannada medium only
- Criminology: English & Kannada medium only
- Law: English & Kannada medium only
- Sanskrit: Sanskrit medium only
- Physical Education: English & Kannada medium only
- Folk Literature: English & Kannada medium only
- Urdu: Urdu medium only
- Public Administration: English & Kannada medium only
- Computer Science & Applications: English medium only
- Physical Sciences: English medium only
- Mathematical Sciences: English medium only
- Chemical Sciences: English medium only
- Life Sciences: English medium only
- Environmental Sciences: English medium only
- Home Science: English medium only
- Electronic Science: English medium only
- Earth Sciences: English medium only
- for General Category: Rs. 1000 only
- for Backward Class Category IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB: Rs. 800 only
- for Category-I/ SC/ST/PH/VH Category: Rs. 500 only
- Late fee of Rs.100 has to be paid by candidates who submit online application after the last date till the extended period.
- The application fees can be remitted in shape of a Bank Challan only, in any branch of State Bank of Mysore, which can be downloaded from the website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
Criteria for Award of KSET Certificate:
- The candidates have to secure the minimum percentage of marks in their respective stream of studies in the KSET examination
- The minimum percentage is 40% for Paper-I and Paper-II and 50% for Paper-III for General/ Unreserved category of candidates
- The minimum percentage is 35% for Paper-I and Paper-II and 40% for Paper-III for Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH) category of candidates
- There will be no negative marking for these examination.
How to Apply:
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the KSET at http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in or the Website of University of Mysore through a link available with the University of Mysore website: www.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above websites or at http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in/assets/Notification-2014-eng.pdf
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload his photo and signature at appropriate spaces on Online Application
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application and send that along with fee payment receipts and relevant certificates to the address of concerned KSET nodal centers (11 such centers are there as per the University of Mysore) at the addresses mentioned on the detailed advertisement at http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in/assets/Notification-2014-eng.pdf
- The Application Form and other documents should be enclosed in an envelope and should be super-scribed as “K-SET FOR LECTURESHIP-2014” before sending.
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all papers. The candidate who does not appear in any one paper will not be permitted to appear in the next paper.
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>