The Government of India as per its New Educational Policy envisages to maintain uniform standards of teaching in the country. The candidates besides possessing minimum academic qualifications are required to qualify in a comprehensive test specifically conducted for the purpose of obtaining eligibility for appointment as Lecturers/Assistant Professors. Accordingly UGC, New Delhi has been conducting the UGC-NET Examination regularly. As the State Governments were given an option to conduct their own State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), the University of Mysore was identified as the Nodal Agency to conduct SLET for eligibility for Lectureship in colleges in Karnataka. Candidates who qualify the K-SET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers (Assistant Professors) of the concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided / Private) in Karnataka State.
After careful consideration of the matter, the UGC has identified the University of Mysore as the State Agency for Karnataka to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET) in Karnataka for 32 subjects for the year 2013.
The details of the criteria for the Application for K-SET-2013 are as follows:
Subjects of the SET: For details log on to the website of K-SET at http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 10-July-2013
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 10-August-2013
- Dates for Submission of Online Application with late fee of Rs.100: 12-August till 17-August-2013
- Last date to download application form and other forms: 30-August-2013
- Final date of submission of hardcopy of the Online Application: 31-August-2013
- Date of examination: 08-December-2013
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Masters Degree courses without rounding off.
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG Degree in related subjects
- Candidates who are appearing or awaiting results in Masters Degree courses provided they could be able to submit their Master’s Degree Completion Certificate within 2 years from the date of publication of Master’s Degree results.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19th September 1991.
- Candidates shall appear to the K-SET in the subject of their post-graduation only
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
- No upper age limit
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates are free to apply as many times as they want. No such restrictions imposed.
- for General Category: Rs. 1000
- for Backward Class Category IIA,IIB,IIIA,IIIB: Rs. 800
- for Category-I/ SC/ST/PH/VH Category: Rs. 500
The application fees can only be paid in shape of a Bank Challan, in any branch of State Bank of Mysore, which can be downloaded from the website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
How to Apply:
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the KSET at http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in or the Website of University of Mysore through a link available with the University of Mysore website: www.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above websites
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload his photo and signature at appropriate spaces on Online Application
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application and send that along with fee payment receipts and relevant certificates to the address of concerned KSET nodal centers (11 such centers are there as per the University of Mysore) at the addresses mentioned on the detailed advertisement at http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in/app/assets/K-SET_Notification-2013-FF.pdf
- The Application Form and other documents should be enclosed in an envelope and should be super-scribed as “K-SET FOR LECTURESHIP-2013” before sending.
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all papers. The candidate who does not appear in any paper will not be permitted to appear in the next paper.
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.