Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd., (KPCL) a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, established in the year 1970, is a premier, specialist and professionally managed power Generation Company. It spreads its activities in the areas of Investigation, Design, Construction, Operation & Maintenance of Hydro, Thermal, Wind & Solar Power Stations in and out of Karnataka. Right from the year of inception, in 1970, KPCL set its sights on “growth from within” meeting growing industry needs and reaching out to touch the lives of the common man, in more ways than one.
Over past 3 decades, the Karnataka Power Corporation has been a prime mover and catalyst behind key power sector reforms in the state – measures that have spiralled steady growth witnessed in both industrial and economic areas.
With the recent announcement from KPCL, a notice has been served inviting young and eligible candidates for the posts of Assistants in Administration and Accounts discipline. Out of the total 86 notified vacancies, 8% will be reserved for local candidates from Hyderabad-Karnataka region as per the provisions under Article 371(J).
The details are mentioned hereunder.
- Date of publication of notification: 02-June-2014
- Date of Starting of Online Submission of Application: 02-June-2014
- Date of Closing of Online Registration of Application: 21-June-2014 till 05:00 PM
Details of the vacancies:
A. Classification of Reservation for 92% of posts (78 Posts)
- Assistant (Administration): 41 Posts (GM-20, SC-07, ST-02, Cat-I-02, Cat-II-A-06, Cat-II-B-02, Cat-III-A-01, Cat-III-B-01 out of which General-12, Women-13, Rural-09, Ex-SM-02, Kannada Medium-01, PWD-03 & Project Displaced-01)
- Assistant (Accounts): 37 Posts (GM-18, SC-06, ST-01, Cat-I-02, Cat-II-A-06, Cat-II-B-02, Cat-III-A-01, Cat-III-B-01 out of which General-10, Women-12, Rural-09, Ex-SM-01, Kannada Medium-01, PWD-03 & Project Displaced-01)
B. Classification of Reservation for 8% of posts against Article 371 (J) for local candidates: (08 Posts)
- Assistant (Administration): 04 Posts (GM-02, SC-01, ST-01, out of which General-03, Women-01)
- Assistant (Accounts): 04 Posts (GM-02, SC-01, ST-01, out of which General-03, Women-01)
- The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.10620 – Rs.32725 along with other perks and allowances as applicable as per KPCL norms.
Criteria for Education:
- Assistant (Administration): The applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream.
- Assistant (Accounts): The applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with Accountancy as one of the major subjects.
- The applicants should know Kannada language thoroughly. There will be a Language test for determining the eligibility. Candidates who pass the Kannada Language Test are only eligible to be considered for selection process.
- The Candidates should preferably have Computer Knowledge [MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Internet and Email operation]
- The applicant must has obtained at least 18 years of age and should not have exceeded 35 years of age as on 21-June-2014 (as per the final date of submission of application).
- However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Cat-I and other categories.
- The applicants selected for these posts will serve the KPCL and its Project areas for a probation period of six (06) calendar months.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
- For SC, ST: Rs. 100 only
- For all others: Rs.200 only
- For Ex-servicemen/ Children of persons Disabled or Killed in Military Service/ Persons with Disability: Fees exempted
- The payment can be made through NEFT/ Online Bank Transfer only to the State Bank of India Account No: 00000031480010180 in the name of KARNATAKA POWER CORPORATION LIMITED, BANGALORE – 560001 maintained at State Bank of India , Industrial Finance Branch, Residency Road, Bangalore (IFSC Code: SBIN0009077 & MICR Code: 560002059)
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test, marks obtained in the qualifying examination subsequently followed by a Personal Interview on a Merit list.
- The list will be prepared by the KPCL for this selection.
- The candidates who pass the above stages with Kannada Language Test and verify their documents at the appropriate authority of KPCL will only be allowed to join the positions.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through the ONLINE MODE at the website of the KPCL at www.karnatakapower.com . No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The candidates are advised to read the detailed application requirement from the advertisement available at the website of KPCL at http://www.karnatakapower.com/ENGLISH_NOTIFICATION.PDF
- The candidates should ensure that their personal email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment (NEFT) receipt for future reference.
- The candidates are advised to visit the website of KPCL for future updates.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>