Karnataka State Reserve Police Recruitment 2014 for Special Reserve Police Constable (Men & Women)
The new State of Karnataka came into existence on 1956. The erstwhile State of Mysore with 10 districts (4 districts from the old State of Bombay, 3 districts from the old State of Hyderabad, 1 district and 1 Taluka from the old State of Madras and part of Coorg State) were integrated into one unit. Consequently, the new State of Karnataka had five different police systems, with different Acts, different Rules, different policing Manuals and even different uniforms, when it was formed. To make the State Police System uniform the state enacted the Police Act in 1963 and brought it into force with effect from April, 1965. The city of Bangalore got a Police Commissioner as head of the City Police. For patrolling through motor launches at the coastal region, a Water Front Police was also formed for Uttara Kannada (North Canara) district. A reserve battalion was also maintained in order to support the law and order in the time of need.
With the recent notification from the Karnataka State Reserve Police, applications are being invited against vacancies for Special Reserve Police Constables from both Men and Women category of candidates.
The details of the conditions for this departmental examination are briefed as under:
Name of the Posts: Special Reserve Police Constables (Male & Female)
Cadre of recruitment: Karnataka State Reserve Police Service (in accordance with the notification from Karnataka Home Department)
- Starting date for registration of Online Application form: 01-Mar-2014 10.00 AM
- Last date for registration of Online Application form: 30-Mar-2014 06.00 PM
- Last date for payment of Online Application fee: 02-Apr-2014
Number of Vacancies: 1035 Vacancies (Male-936, Female-99)
- Reservation will be applicable for various categories as per state government norms. It will benefit only native candidates of Karnataka State. Other State/UT applicants will be treated under unreserved category
- 2nd Battalion Belgaum: 189 Posts (Male-90, Female-99)
- 5th Battalion Mysore: 60 Posts (Male)
- 7th Battalion Mangalore: 140 Posts (Male)
- 8th Battalion Shimoga: 120 Posts (Male)
- 10th Battalion Shiggaon: 150 Posts (Male)
- 11th Battalion Hassan: 376 Posts (Male)
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The selected candidates selected as Constables in Karnataka State Police will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.11600 – Rs.21000 as per the state government norms.
Who Can Apply:
Gender: Both Male & Female
Age: 18-25 years as on 30-Mar-2014 (For General candidates both male and female)
- Upper age limit will be relaxed for 2 years (18-27 years) for Male/Female Candidates from SC, ST, CAT-01, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B category of candidates.
- Upper age limit will be relaxed for 5 years (18-30 years) for Male/Female Candidates from Tribal category of candidates.
- Other age relaxation norms will be followed as per rule books of Karnataka State Police
- The candidates must have completed 10th Std (SSLC-CBSE, SSLC-ICSE, SSLC-SSC, SSLC-State Board) or any equivalent qualification with SSLC from a recognized board.
Minimum Physical Fitness:
- The candidates applying for the Constable positions will have to pass the Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test to be eligible for selection.
Application Form and Fees:
- GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B candidates: Rs.250
- SC, ST & CAT-1 candidates: Rs. 100
- The payment should be made in State Bank of Mysore (SBM) only. In case SBM is not available, a candidate can make payment in State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH).
- The fee should be paid through the system generated fee payment challan as available after the completion of submission of Online Application.
- The candidates applying for the jobs must pass through the Physical Fitness Test and appear for a written examination on the designated date.
- Written Examination will be held on same day at all Battalions in KSRP for the candidates who will be qualifying in endurance test & physical standard test.
- The selection will be made on the basis of results of written examination and the Personal Interview
How to Apply:
- The applicants have to apply through Online mode of application as available at the web site of Karnataka State Police Recruitment at http://irb2014.ksponline.co.in/ or at www.ksp.gov.in
- The applicants are advised to read through the detailed advertisement as available at http://irb2014.ksponline.co.in/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f or at http://irb2014.ksponline.co.in/PDF/PC%20Notification%202014.pdf.
- All information should be filled as requested in the application form
- The candidates need to upload their signature and scanned photographs at the designated spaces
- Application form must be filled with facts only
- Please do not send any hardcopy of any copy of certificates at this time. One copy of the application along with fee payment challan may be kept for future reference.
- The Application Form Number is vital and you must keep that for reference
- The decision of the Karnataka State Police will be final and binding on the candidates
- No form of personification or canvassing will be excused.
- If candidates applying more than one application in same unit, only one application will be considered.