Jharkhand SSC Recruitment Advertisement Number: 1/2014
Jharkhand SSC Recruitment 2014-15 For 1008 Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical) Vacancies Through Junior Engineer Combined Competitive Examination 2014
With the recent requirement from the Public Works Department of the state, the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) has released a notification inviting competent candidates for filling up 990 Posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) and 18 Posts of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) through Junior Engineer Combined Competitive Examination 2014 (JECCE-2014).
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Examination: Junior Engineer Combined Competitive Examination – 2014
- Starting Date of registration of Online Application: 08-Oct-2014 from 11AM
- Last date for submission of Online Application: 07-Nov-2014 till 5PM
- Last date for submission of application fees: 07-Nov-2014
- Date for reckoning age: 01-Aug-2014
Details of vacancies:
- Junior Engineers (Civil) – 990 Posts out of which Women-48 and PWD-29
- Road construction department: 128 Posts (UR-64, ST-55, EBC-09)
- Water Resource department: 826 Posts (UR-413, ST-265, SC-89, EBC-59)
- Drinking Water and Sanitation department: 36 Posts (UR-28, ST-6, SC-02)
- Drinking Water and Sanitation department: 18 Posts (UR-10, ST-04, SC-01, BC-03)
- Junior Engineers (Mechanical) – 18 Posts
- The candidates who will be selected for these posts of Junior Engineers will receive a scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 per month in PB-II
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable for these candidates as per rules of the State Government.
- The candidates must have complete 19 years of age but not reached 35 as on 01-Aug-2014.
- Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government.
- Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate or Birth Certificate issued by competent authorities.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Junior Engineers (Civil): The candidates must have completed 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering or higher qualification. The education should be full-time and should be a regular course.
- Junior Engineers (Mechanical): The candidates must have completed 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or higher qualification. The education should be full-time and should be a regular course.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Preliminary Written Examination, followed by a Main Written Examination as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- The selection list will be prepared on the basis of the results of Written Examination.
- The commission may conduct a personal interview and verify the certificates before approving the merit list.
- For SC/ST candidates from Jharkhand: Rs.125
- For all others: Rs.500
- This non-refundable fee needs to be paid in shape of a Bank Challan in any branch of Bank of India. The challan can be downloaded from the website of JSSC. The fees can also be remitted online while filling up the application through Credit card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for these posts by the ONLINE mode of application as available at the website of JSSC at http://www.jssc.in/
- Before applying online the candidates are requested to read through the detailed advertisement available at http://www.jssc.in/Advt.%20no.%2012014%20for%20Junior%20Engineer%20Combined%20Competitive%20Examination%202014.pdf
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload their recent passport size photograph and signature at the appropriate spaces on the application.
- The Application form needs to be filled up with facts and no change to the information entered will be granted after final submission of Online Application.
- Two copies of the applications need to be photocopied for reference of for the candidate.
- The candidates should not submit any hardcopy of the application at this time.
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.