Explore A Plethora Of Job Opportunities In Government Sector In India
If you are looking for a safe and secure career on a permanent basis, then one should look for government sector jobs. These are like hot pursuits ever since they have become accessible in the job industry. These jobs are beneficial in all aspects. Every year, we see lakhs of students passing out from various streams like Engineering, Architecture, commerce, Science, Medicine, Nursing, and Journalism etc. There is stiff competition among the students for getting placed in Multi National Companies (MNC). But they fail to acknowledge the job opportunities which are provided by the central and the state government. For most of the middle class Indians, there is a one unending dilemma – whether to go for government sector job or the private sector job.
In present scenario, the government jobs have started alluring the people. Although these jobs are often seen as one which offer less monetary benefits, but with the introduction of the 6th pay commission, the whole scenario has been transformed for good. Various government sector jobs are:
- Railway Recruitment: Indian railways are the largest recruiter of fresher’s. They conduct a written test with basic aptitude and technical knowledge in their respective field.
- Union Public Service Commission: The UPSC exams are conducted to select a best candidate for the positions of Indian Administrative service, Indian police service, Indian Foreign service, Indian Revenue Service etc. The procedures for UPSC are preliminary phase, which is then followed by main exam and a personal interview.
- BHEL, IOC, SAIL, ONGC, NTPC, BSNL, ISRO etc: The government runs various companies which recruit fresher depending on the vacancy. A high score in Gate, excellent analytical and technical knowledge in the respective under-graduate course is necessary to get placed in these companies.
- Air force, Navy, Army, and Police: If you desire serving the country, then there is no better way than serve the country by joining one of the three main wings of the NDA. Indian air force, Indian army and Indian navy, recruit individuals on the basis of their performance in NDA exam, physical fitness, technical proficiency in the related field and logical reasoning.
- Government Banks and Life Insurance companies etc: There is great demand for the commerce background students in the field of banking and insurance. With growth in these industries, the job prospects have increased immensely.
Apart from these major divisions there are potential vacancies for posts in the field of Public Health, Village Head, Forest services, Central Police, Railway Police and Academic sector. Government jobs are less stressful unlike the private sector jobs which have enough workload.
Besides the job security, safety, various benefits and perks which are provided by the government sector jobs, these jobs also offer integrity and reputation to the individual. There are number of opportunities which are emerging in present times owning to the incredible development of the Indian Economy. Initially Indians were much inclined towards the jobs in private sector, but the belief in jobs of government sector has increased immensely in the younger generation.