Notification No.: PSC/EXM2012/118
J&K Combined Competitive (Main) Examination, 2012 is announced by Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission for the desiring candidates.
Applications, in prescribed forms, are invited from permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State for the Main Examination of J&K Combined Competitive Examination, 2012 for direct recruitment to the posts in the pay band of Rs.9300- Rs.34800 + 4800 (Grade pay) in the below mentioned services.
- Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service
- J&K Police (Gazetted) Service
- J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service
- The Commission has developed an electronically scannable Application Form for the Combined Competitive (Main) Examination, 2012.
- This Application Form, instructions for filling up the Application Form, Acknowledgement Card and an Envelope for submitting the Application Form, will be available at the Commission Offices at Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/Polo Ground, Srinagar from 4th September 2012 during office hours.
- Last date for receipt of Application Forms, complete in all respects, in the Commission offices indicated above, is 4th of October 2012.
- Tentative date for Main Examination at Jammu and Srinagar: 15th of February 2012
Total Number of Vacancies: 65
- Junior Scale of J&K Administrative Service – 35
- J&K Police (Gazetted) Service – 08
- J&K Accounts (Gazetted) Service – 22
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The Combined Competitive (Main) Examination, 2012, will consist of two successive stages: Written and interview, for selection of candidates for various services and posts indicated above.
Where to Obtain the Application Form:
The Candidates seeking admission to the Main Examination can obtain the prescribed Application Form from the offices of J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/Polo Ground, Srinagar.
- For OM candidates: Rs. 510/-
- For Reserved category: Rs. 260/-
- Candidates can obtain application form by cash payment in the J&K Bank Counters established at the offices of the Commission at Jammu/ Srinagar.
The conditions of eligibility and age limits etc., as laid down in the Notification, SRO 387 dated 01.12.2008, read with SRO 168 dated 31.05.2011 shall be as under:-
a) Should have qualified the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2012.
b) Must be a permanent resident of J&K State; and
c) Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University in India or from a Foreign University declared by Government in consultation with the Commission to be equivalent to a degree of a recognized University.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and but has not crossed the age of 35 years (in case of OM candidates) on 1st January 2012
- Age relaxation will be in accordance with the rules set by the commission to be increased up to 37 years for the SC/ST/ OBC candidates.
How to apply:
- Since the Application Form is to be electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- It should then be submitted along with a photocopy of the original form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- The candidate should also fill up the data/information at relevant spaces of the Acknowledgment Card along with his Form Number and name of the examination
- In case of Application Form submitted by post, the Acknowledgement Card should bear postage stamps of Rs. 5/-.
- Application Form, duly filled in along with its Photostat copy and the Acknowledgement Card, shall have to be submitted in the Commission office at Jammu/Srinagar personally or should be mailed in the special envelope supplied by registered post to the address of the Secretary & Controller of Examinations, J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/Polo Ground, Srinagar, before the last date notified.
The envelope should be superscribed “Combined Competitive (Mains) Examination, 2012” in the block letters.
Attested copies of:
- Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate as proof of date of birth;
- Educational qualification certificate;
- Permanent Residence Certificate;
- Certificate of belonging to RBA/SC/ST/ALC/SOC/PHC.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from JKPSC here JKPSC Recruitment 2012 – Combined Competitive (Main) Examination