Operating with a special state stature the northernmost state of India, J&K (Jammu & Kashmir) is one of the most beautiful states of India. This state is also considered as a special state due to its borders sharing the disputed LoC with Pakistan. The law and order situation is under control in this state after long phase insurgency and terrorism. The state has restored a smooth process of democracy and is helping the process of nation building like any other states of India.
To function the government machineries smoothly, the state has segregated its responsibilities over various organizations and department. These departments are in search of adequate human resources to operate smoothly and conduct the duties assigned. The state Service Selection Board is one of the most prominent nodal agencies offering collateral support to the state government for hiring competent manpower.
With the recent announcement from the J&K Service Selection Board, there is an announcement for filling up 280 positions through the advertisement No. 07 of 2013 in the state, divisions and district cadre.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Advertisement Notice No. 07 of 2013
Details of the Vacancies:
Total number of vacancies: 280 posts
- State Level – 07 Posts (OM-05, RBA-02) – In the Department of Tourism and Culture
- Jammu Division – 04 Posts (OM-4) in the Department of ARI & Training (Land & Revenue)
- Anantnag District – 32 Posts (OM-17, RBA-5, SC-5, ST-4, ALC-0, OSC-1) – in the Department of Health
- Bandipora District – 04 Posts (OM-4) in the Department of Health
- Baramulla District – 69 Posts (OM-43, RBA-7, SC-7, ST-7, ALC-1, OSC-4) in the Department of Health
- Budgam District – 50 Posts (OM-30, RBA-7, SC-7, ST-4, ALC-0, OSC-2) in the Department of Health
- Ganderbal District – 12 Posts (OM-8, SC-4) in the Department of Health
- Kulgam District – 36 Posts (OM-20, RBA-5, SC-5, ST-5, ALC-0, OSC-1) in the Department of Health
- Pulwama District – 15 Posts (OM-9, RBA-3, SC-3) in the Department of Health
10. Kupwara District – 34 Posts (OM-20, RBA-5, SC-5, ST-3, ALC-0, OSC-1) in the Department of Health
11. Srinagar District – 15 Posts (OM-9, RBA-2, SC-3, ST-1) in the Department of Health
12. Jammu District – 2 Posts (OM-1, ALC-1) in the Department of Defense Labor Procurement
- Date of Publication of Notification: 16-May-2013
- Starting Date of Availability of OMR Application and Submission of Application: 17-May-2013
- Last Date of Availability of OMR Application and Submission of Application: 10-June-2013
- For posts in the Department of Tourism and Culture: Matriculation and ITI (as applicable for individual posts) with certificate of competency (for Yatching) and valid Hill Driving License. The candidates must possess experience as declared on the detailed advertisement.
- For Posts in the Department of ARI & Trainings: Matriculation with certificate of Apprenticeship in the trades concerned/ Calligraphy as demarked for specific positions
- For Posts in the Department of Health: 10+2 with Diploma in concerned disciplines of Medical Technicians
- For Posts in the Department of Defense labor Procurement: Graduation in any discipline with type-writing speed of not less than 35 words speed per minute. The candidates must have completed Six months certificate course in Computer Applications
Age Specific Requirements:
The candidates need to be within 18 years of minimum age and should not exceed 37 years as on 01-January-2013. However, the maximum age limit can be extended further for privileged categories as per rules of the state.
- Only candidates who are original natives of J&K (stayed for not less than 15 years in the state) can apply for the job positions.
- In respect of Divisional/District cadre posts only those candidates belonging to the concerned Division/District can apply. However, candidate belonging to SC category shall be eligible to apply for the reserved vacancies irrespective of their residence in the concerned District or Division.
The applicants will be inducted in two scales:
- Scale-I: Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with different Grade Pays ranging from Rs.1800 to Rs.2800 in PB-I
- Scale-II: Rs.9300-Rs.34800 with different Grade Pays ranging from Rs.4200 to Rs.4280 in PB-II
- The candidates applying for the posts will be selected on a Merit Ranking basis through a Written Examination, Viva-Voice Test and Skill Test (wherever applicable).
- The dates for the concerned selection examinations will be notified in due time through the website of the SSB at www.jkssb.nic.in.
- The final merit list will be declared by the Board in due course.
- The candidates can purchase Application Forms at the defined counters of the J&K Banks in the state of J&K as per the details of banks as available at the website of the J&K SSB at www.jkssb.nic.in.
- The cost for one OMR Application will be Rs.200 which has to be remitted by cash at the counters concerned
How to Apply:
- Applications completed in all respect along with the OMR sheet and original copies of the credentials, certificates, etc. can be deposited to the following offices on or before the scheduled last date (i.e. 10-June-2013)
- No other mode of submission will however be accepted.
Address to send the completed Application Forms along with all documents:
- The District Employment and counseling centre’s of the concerned districts.
- In respect of Districts Srinagar and Jammu the OMR application forms can also be deposited in the Divisional Offices of the Board, besides the District Employment and counseling centers.
- Offices of SDM Bani, Basholi, Dudu-Basantgarh, Karnah, Gurez, Tangdar, Zanaskar, Khaltsi, Drass, Nobra, Nyoma Tehsildar Marwah, Naib Tehsildar Inshan (Wardwan), BDO Dachhan for these areas.
- Candidates presently residing/working outside the State can also deposit their application forms in the Office of the In-charge Migrant Cell, Residential Commissioner Office, 5 Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>